I returned my raven although I did like it though I want a tube amp cause after hearing one at my friends house it was awesome. I'm looking at the b52 could you guys recommend me some? Oh I thought the raven was ok with pedals that's why I bought it buy the distirtion on it's terrible and I don't need 100 watts I'd rather crank 75 tube watts.

Budget: not over 350 hopefully under
Will go used if I can find one
Play metal
Tube or solid state mostly tube
For: fooling around with my friends practice jamming and 10-20 people gigs.

From now on I'll take your advice so often. Please don't rant about how much you hare me. I'm sorry and learned my lesson
that was fast.............. >.>

you just raved about the raven a couple of minutes ago and you just returned it right now??
thats impossible......

look at your last thread, there are plenty of suggestions there and *reported* cuz my troll senses are tingling
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The b-52 would suit your needs. In the price range, tube, great for metal. Get it
Keeping it real since '92
Yeah, I recommend the B52. Especially over the Vypyr.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
Quote by RisingFreedom09
Yeah, I recommend the B52. Especially over the Vypyr.

>.>
why do you keep on bashing the vypyr??
just because you got a lemon?
feel free to add me
Lessee, used, you have tremendous options.

SS/MODELING (don't let that deter you, every one of these amps is great, I guarantee it)

1. Ampeg VH140c
2. Ampeg SS140c
3. Crate GT3500 Shockwave
4. Crate GX130
5. Line 6 Flextone

TUBE

1. Peavey Ultra
2. Peavey XXX
3. Peavey Classic 30 (may need a boost for br00t4l1ty)
4. Peavey Valveking (will need a few upgrades such as speaker swap, eq in loop, possibly OD)
5. Bugera 333, 6262, 6260, 333XL
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
that was fast.............. >.>

you just raved about the raven a couple of minutes ago and you just returned it right now??
thats impossible......

look at your last thread, there are plenty of suggestions there and *reported* cuz my troll senses are tingling

I said that stuff cause I thought it was ok and it would be right fir him but it wasn't right for me. I want a b52 tube
Because it is a bad amp. I wouldn't hate on it just cuz I'm bored... I'm just trying to warn people. You say I had a bad amp, but I've played it again several times on different stops at GC... I always looked forward to going home and playing on my own rig, cuz the Vypyr always made my ears bleed.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
Quote by Deanguitarist39
I said that stuff cause I thought it was ok and it would be right fir him but it wasn't right for me. I want a b52 tube

wat

again

wat

you saind that the Raven is your amp, and who is this "him"
feel free to add me
Quote by Raijouta

SS/MODELING (don't let that deter you, every one of these amps is great, I guarantee it)

1. Ampeg VH140c
2. Ampeg SS140c
4. Crate GX130
5. Line 6 Flextone

TUBE

1. Peavey Ultra
2. Peavey XXX
4. Peavey Valveking (will need a few upgrades such as speaker swap, eq in loop, possibly OD)

Thanks but where will I find these used and I'm not really looking into a halfstack I have a budget.
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Thanks but where will I find these used and I'm not really looking into a halfstack I have a budget.

Craigs lsit/ Ebay/your used music store that is surprisingly close to you.........
feel free to add me
There is also a great resource for searching Craigslist and eBay for amps/pedals/guitars/gear in general. Here's the link: http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus

You just pick the brand you want to search and enter parameters, so if you wanted to search for a Marshall Plexi you'd select marshall and type in 'plexi', or if you just wanted to look up Budda amps you would just select Budda and hit go.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Dude..... gotta say, that was rather a quick coming to your senses about what people here initially recommended to you. Went through the BS of buying that amp to learn its not for you. Sorry, just had to rag ya on that.

Where to look for used?? Ebay, Kijiji, Craigslist, pawnshops, local papers, friends, classifieds section of music forums........etc etc etc.
Last edited by halo71 at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Should I get the b52? My parents won't let me get a half stack nor do I really need one

yes a THOUSAND times YES!!
feel free to add me
DO IT.

That being said: Look used. there are some awesome deals.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Alright I'll get the b52. Is the clean channel good cause I can use my pedals on that and can customize my own drive on the drive channel
Cranked 75 watts, that's a bit... keen.

I mean turning my 40 watt tube amp past 10 o'clock is painfull!
***Short Sig***
I hare you.

Get the B-52. THEN try and crank it. Ha, you don't know what you are in for man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I hare you.

Get the B-52. THEN try and crank it. Ha, you don't know what you are in for man.

Alright I'll crank it hve you ever cranked a tube amp Im sure your had.
Quote by RisingFreedom09
Because it is a bad amp. I wouldn't hate on it just cuz I'm bored... I'm just trying to warn people. You say I had a bad amp, but I've played it again several times on different stops at GC... I always looked forward to going home and playing on my own rig, cuz the Vypyr always made my ears bleed.

No offense man, but you have a Fender Frontman. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but the Vypyrs definitely sound better than any of the Frontman amps. Also, there are many better amps in the price range of the 212R.

Also, the $350 you payed for the amp, combined with the $100 pickups and $80 noise suppressor pedal, add up to $530. I bought my DSL401 for $450.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
look used and see if you can get a peavey XXX combo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yes I have, and I am telling you that you will shat yourself when you realize you will never be able to crank a 60 watt tube amp in a real situation. Never mind the fact that you don't need power tube saturation for metal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Yes I have, and I am telling you that you will shat yourself when you realize you will never be able to crank a 60 watt tube amp in a real situation. Never mind the fact that you don't need power tube saturation for metal.

He's right, you know.
My SOLID STATE 75 watt never goes past 4, even with my band.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Craigs lsit/ Ebay/your used music store that is surprisingly close to you.........

Maybe he's European, often times there are apartments above stores so. He prolly just rolled it down the stairs

Quote by phillip122
No offense man, but you have a Fender Frontman. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but the Vypyrs definitely sound better than any of the Frontman amps. Also, there are many better amps in the price range of the 212R.

Also, the $350 you payed for the amp, combined with the $100 pickups and $80 noise suppressor pedal, add up to $530. I bought my DSL401 for $450.

+wun, I told him that yesterday but he dont listen to meh.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 29, 2009,
[quote="'[= Tom ="]']Cranked 75 watts, that's a bit... keen.

I mean turning my 40 watt tube amp past 10 o'clock is painfull!

True that!
Quote by Raijouta

1. Ampeg VH140c
2. Ampeg SS140c
4. Crate GX130
5. Line 6 Flextone

TUBE

1. Peavey Ultra
2. Peavey XXX

I agree with your picks, but it makes more sense to split modeling and analog SS amps. Most solidstate amps aren't digital modeling amps, and digital modeling amps can be combined with tube power amps just as easily as with transistor power amps.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I know they're not the same thing, I just put the Flextone in the same category.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D