Im doing my speech at school on iPod's/mp3 players. I have the middle and end sorted out, and I think i'm making a lot of good points, but I cant thing of a good intro. My teacher says I should do something like starting the speech listening to my iPod, then say something like "Oh, I didn't hear you there". But I can't find a way to make it not sound cheesy.
Anyone have a good first 1 or 2 lines?
ever seen this before? *holds up mp3 player*

yer damn right ya have. punks.

theres your first 2 lines
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
iPods (PAUSE) We all know what they are, and most of us have one. It’s so easy to just plug in, and forget about all your worries and… bla bla bla

Any good?
Wait, I did some more-

iPods (PAUSE) We all know what they are, and most of us have one. It’s so easy to just plug in, forget about all your worries and listen to your favourite music. It all seems so easy, but there is a darker side to it as well. I’m sure you’ve all heard that iPods can damage you hearing, but do you know how serious this can be?

Points to make-

Good-
How would you survive long trips?
Fun
Easy access to music

Bad
Addiction
Hearing loss
Drives teachers crazy
Normal life seems boring
Okay, this introduction would need some preparation, but I garuantee its success.

Find an old record player from the 80's in a charity shop for a few bucks. Then bring that, a CD, and your iPod into class.

*Drop record player onto desk, make sure it THUMPS* (This is to get people's attention)
"In years gone by, if one desired to listen to music on the move, they'd need to do this!"
*Put record player in backpack, with headphones around neck and long extention cord running to wall*
As you can see, this was not the most... convenient.. way to do things. Soon however, the invention of the CD made portable music a much easier thing to acomplish. Making this *gesture toward backpack* a bit unneccesary. Unfortunately, the need to store perhaps hundreds of CDs became a hassle, until the advent of the MP3 Player. *Hold up iPod*
So, we won't need these anymore. *put CD into backpack with record player, then hit it with a bar repeatedly/throw it out the window/against the wall/spectacularly destroy it in another way*

*rest of speech*
^ That's good!

Another option for you:

Hold up the iPod/mp3 player, and say "how many of you have one of these?"

When everyone (should be everyone) says yes and nods, yell "CONFORMIST BASTARDS!" at them.

Then continue as normal.
in west philidelphia, born and raised......
I have no opinion on this matter.
"...What's the deal with ovaltine? It comes in a round container, you put it in a round glass, why don't they call it roundtine?"
"...so what's the deal with the razorblade slot in the airplane bathrooms? Are people actually shaving in there?..."
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Okay, this topic didn't help much, but atleast it was funny. I actually want to do what King Krapp said but I think I would get in trouble.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...."

Quote by Zugunruhe

I lol'd irl
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Zugunruhe

lmao!!!

Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Quote by Zugunruhe

!
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.