Its just a thought I had, not planning on doing this anytime soon (due to lack of funds). I want to know if its possible to hook up a 4x12 cab to my cube. On the back of the amp it says the max ohms for an extension cab is 8, and I dont know what the ohms for most cabs are. Please excuse me if I'm being a noob when it comes to this, but I'd apreciate it if someone could help me with this.

tl;dr Can I hook up a 4x12 to my 60 watt combo amp?
Quote by 1201ZJ

tl;dr Can I hook up a 4x12 to my 60 watt combo amp?

yes, but what are you looking to accomplish in doing so ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
yes, but what are you looking to accomplish in doing so ?

well it's just an idea. I wouldn't really want to hook up the cube to a 4x12 anyway. I'd rather get a tube amp to go with it. But seeing as I'm poor, i was just wondering if i could do that in the future (for gigs and stuff), although I don't really plan on it unless I need to
Well, most modeling amps have custom voiced speakers...
So, it could go either good or bad.
Quote by 1201ZJ
well it's just an idea. I wouldn't really want to hook up the cube to a 4x12 anyway. I'd rather get a tube amp to go with it. But seeing as I'm poor, i was just wondering if i could do that in the future (for gigs and stuff), although I don't really plan on it unless I need to

It's not going to make it any louder, so there's no point in doing so.

But yes, as long as it has an extension speaker out, it will work. There are 4x12 cabs wired in 4, 8 and 16 ohms.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^Oh ok. I don't know much about cabs, and I thought they could make the amp louder, thats Mainly why I asked. Now I have another question. I've never really cranked it all the way, probably 1/3 of the way at the most. Do you guys think it'll be loud enough for gigging until I can get something better? (it's 60 watts if you didn't know)
The 4x12 would push more air and maybe project better, but it only gives the illusion of more volume. It would probably make the Cube much more suitable for gigging.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
The 4x12 would push more air and maybe project better, but it only gives the illusion of more volume. It would probably make the Cube much more suitable for gigging.

Thanks!
Quote by MannyC2107
Well, most modeling amps have custom voiced speakers...
So, it could go either good or bad.

'Custom voiced' is almost always a way of saying 'cheap'.

I wouldn't be surpised if a large cab made the Cube feel much more like the 'real' amps it models. Many 4x12s are 16Ω, so a 2x12 might be a better option if you can't find one with switchable impedence or mono/stereo operation.
A 16 ohm 4x12 can easily be rewired to 4 ohm (all in parallel) but I'd have thought it would guve a rather dark sound. If it has a specific output, then it should be safe if you keep within the guide range.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x