Poll: Should I get the b 52 at 112
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I get the b 52 at 112
Yes
9 75%
No
3 25%
Voters: 12.
Ok I have done my research and I have found an amps. Will this amps really improve my tone compared to my crte ca 15 amp. My crate has a beautiful clean sound and I love it but I need a louder amp. It would be for jamming with friends.

B 52 at 112: it's a tube amp but the reviews I've read says it is extremelay unreliable. I think it will make my tone so much warmer. For $340 new seems like a good deal. I don't care about the distortion on it because I have pedals. It's definiatley loud enough.

Has anyone played this amp and has any feedback on it. The reviews on harmony central gave it a 10 for sound but a 3 for reliability. I would also be using this amp in my basement allot for practicing and jamming.
Pedals over tube distortion?...
It sounds good for the price, but I've seen a lot of them go down and break
Quote by MannyC2107

I would use the amp distortion iff it was better but I still got two distortion pedals just incase.
What distortions do you have? And they better not be Boss, Digitech, Behringer or Danelectro.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
What distortions do you have? And they better not be Boss, Digitech, Behringer or Danelectro.

Christ, that's a bit elitist isn't it?
I've worked my way through tons of pedals, recently including a Mesa Bottle Rocket and a Crowther Audio Hot Cake (top notch pedal btw) and on my pedalboard I currently have a Digitech Bad Monkey and a Boss DS-1. I've used a few Behringer overdrives and they were all decent enough for the price (except the valve-driven one).
Quote by MannyC2107

i have yet to find a tube amp which can sound like a big muff so yes pedal over tube distortion.
Quote by joe_k
i have yet to find a tube amp which can sound like a big muff so yes pedal over tube distortion.

thats pretty much a fuzz... but w/e
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
marshall mg? lollerskater
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Crank your amp to 11 and slash your speaker cones, and scoop your mids a bit, then you'll have an amp that sounds like a Big Muff.

By the way, don't really do this.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I was debating this amp as well as I have heard good things, ultimately I went with the Randall RG50TC (paid $450) which has great distortion sans pedal.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ