When I started high school about 5 years ago I bought a new guitar from guitar center. It's a Jackson but I could never for the life of me figure out what model it is. It was listed at 500 marked down from 7 or 800 if i remember (it was awhile ago - though i do remember talking down the guy at GC to 300 ) but i didn't take time to make not of the model. I had a 'love at first sight' moment with it and as luck would have it its still my favorite guitar after all of these years (wish girls were more like guitars ).

The guitar has pearl shark fin inlays and is 24 frets. It's set up with string-through body bridge and has 2 regular non-active emg hz humbuckers. I'm not exactly sure of the type of wood on the neck though it looks like mahogany on the back and rosewood or something on the front.

The head stock is diamond shaped like this guitar :

Please, anyone know what the hell is up with this guitar? I thought it was some sort of dinky but couldnt find the exact setup anywhere?
Soloist I think. Idk which one.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
So does yours look exactly like the pic, but with different pickups then? Or is the pic just for the headstock?
Thanks Man, thats the only other thing i could think but would the soloist really cost under a grand? And did they use to make soloists without active pickups?

I did some googling and found my exact guitar for the first time ever. Some doucher is playing it just dont pay attention to that.

That's called the DXMGT model. Pretty good guitar.
Last edited by Amer91 at Jun 29, 2009,
Wow perfect! Thanks a ton!!!

I seriously love the hell out of it but have noticed recently that it would sound way better with active pickups in it. How tough is it to swap out non active for actives?
Last edited by neobonzi at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by neobonzi
Wow perfect! Thanks a ton!!!

I seriously love the hell out of it but have noticed recently that it would sound way better with active pickups in it. How tough is it to swap out non active for actives?

it'll only sound a whole lot better if you have an amp that does sound good in the first place!

and it's not tough at all just need to do do a bit of soldering and wiring and it shouldn't take you any more then 2 hours for your first time doing it you plan ahead and have everything figured out.
I've always been afraid to do wiring myself. I heard a horror story of a friend who reversed wires and lit his guitar on fire.

I play a lot of shows and have a JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head and the 1960A 4x12 cab purchased together
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-TSL-60-Amp-Head?sku=483195#new

it's LOUD but i noticed how fuzzy my guitar gets at higher volumes. I play lead in a punk band and really want a full and clear tone. I've been shopping for pickups for a long time on and off but came to terms with the fact that I don't know **** so maybe some of you have some recommendations?
my high end is about $200 in total

A buddy is trying to convince me to go with zakk wyldes - I have to admit i havent tried them out but i hate buying signature sh*t
Don't buy Zakk Wyldes. If you really want actives, go with the EMG 85 bridge, 60 neck.
what do you guys think about seymour duncan blackouts? I really dont know anything about them I just know 81/85 hz's sound fantastic.