I love the sound of a super high gain amp, scooped and slicing. But the two problems are:

You cannot turn a high gain amp up very loud because it will feed back.

It is difficult to hear a scooped high gain sound in the mix of a loud bass and drums.

Does anyone know how to solve the feedback problem?
"teh most gains"
scooped mids = big no no. i've heard it before with my fireball (poor eq skills on my behalf) and the sound is too thin and brittle and imo just doesn't sit well with a proper mix.

and the answer to the first question is with a really high quality noise gate. that and standing away from amp and not facing it and not letting strings ring out when you don't need them to.
Run your mids at 12:00, and buy an EQ pedal. Its the low mid range that you need to push to keep that scooped sound and still cut through the mix, that should solve most of your problems, just make sure you have something else to push your higher mids for when you solo.

For feedback, just get a noise gate and turn the guitar down when your not playing.
Feeedback - Point the pickups away from the amp? Buy a longer cord? Keep your hands on the strings? I can only get feedback when I have no hands on the strings and am right near my amp facing the pickups towards it.
Quote by TheCalvinator
Run your mids at 12:00, and buy an EQ pedal. Its the low mid range that you need to push to keep that scooped sound and still cut through the mix,

When you say push, do you mean increase or decrease the low mid frequency?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Quote by mountain2012
I love the sound of a super high gain amp, scooped and slicing. But the two problems are:

You cannot turn a high gain amp up very loud because it will feed back.

It is difficult to hear a scooped high gain sound in the mix of a loud bass and drums.

Does anyone know how to solve the feedback problem?

Stand as far away from the amp as the cord will let you. Face away from the amp, turn the amp's gain down just a teeny weeny bit. You sound like the typical metalhead, and im not bashing you, Im one too. But you gotta believe me, you dont need the gain at 10. try 9, 8, or 7 If the feedback is still too much.

PS, dont scoop your mids, you'll cut through the bass and drums 100x better
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Needs moar mids brah.

Seriously, crank them up, cut the bass back and see a tone that cuts through the mix well and still is heavy as tits. (38F tits too)
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Don't give feedback a chance; play faster!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!