Page 1 of 3
hi guys i have officially started my1st build I'm gonna build a V out of pine off cuts simply because I have them and they are good quality
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dukeofmetal/pictures/personal/645382/
here's the wood in the clamps 5 pieces obviously i haven't decided much for it yet besides the fact thats its gonna be a bolt on V with 2 humbuckers 1 tone 1 volume and a 3 way toggle TOM style bridge not really fussed on brand or w/e and a black paint job so what do you guys think and any tips for me
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
hey man, get a photobucket account and upload it into there than link the pictures here inside (Invalid img) tags
to lazy mate but thanks for the tip I will get around to it eventully
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
what kinda V?

...I vote crazy awesome original design!

V's take very well to variation in design IMHO
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
i wasn't sure yet honestly but i don't wanna go to pointy because i bump my guitar a lot but I'm still open to suggestions
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Yah, you might also want to consider how soft pine is, so if ou really do beat it up alot, it'll have a lot of hills and valleys
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
hhhmmm true i guess we will see how i go then huh??? but if its an epic fail i will just strip out any parts if i put any in and this will have been a learning experience
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
1: Don't be lazy and post the pictures properly

2: Put a thick coat of two pack on your guitar and it will strengthen it a bit.
by two pack you mean that paint stuff yea??? and if you do where do you buy it???
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Jun 29, 2009,
hummmm, pine is probably a bad tonewood. Looks to me like the high amount of sap in the wood will leach out eventually and ruin the finish. There are some clear fiberglass sprays that would harden that soft pine. The fiberglass is paintable.

And you are too lazy to post a picture, yet a decent picture properly. But you want tips on building? Good one!
well in my defense i have dial-up and that extra 5 pages would take an extra half an hour and as for the sap I will see what happens when i get to that stage
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
get broadband then. I mean even we have broadband and we have to live through the daily TORTURE of not having a BT line which absolutely ****ing sucks!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by halo71
hummmm, pine is probably a bad tonewood. Looks to me like the high amount of sap in the wood will leach out eventually and ruin the finish. There are some clear fiberglass sprays that would harden that soft pine. The fiberglass is paintable.

And you are too lazy to post a picture, yet a decent picture properly. But you want tips on building? Good one!

Pine is actually a good tonewood. It talks about it in the tonewood thread.

Plus the very first fender guitar (broadcaster) was made from pine so it can't be all that bad if leo liked it
not my choice i could pay for it but I'm not old enough to sign a contract and my parents think its not necessary
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Quote by guitarcam123

Plus the very first fender guitar (broadcaster) was made from pine so it can't be all that bad if leo liked it

good to know mate
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Quote by guitarcam123

Well I be damned....I apologize. Hummm, I know where some thick really old heart pine boards are.....may be a good idea for a build then!
ha!

Yeah pine is great, especially for practice builds, I've got a few planned - made a template for one today
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Jun 29, 2009,
guitarcam123 your my new hero
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
should have photo shopped the pic so "you" were holding a broadcaster
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Quote by guitarcam123

yeah but i mean that guitar didn't have a truss rod either?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
yes, but that doesn't mean that the body wood wasn't good.

Leo went from Pine to ash. The only reason he did this is because the ash was harder and in his opinion looked better. The tone of pine is actually quite good, its kinda like alder/ basswood
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dukeofmetal/pictures/personal/649686/
UPDATE: finally got around to unclamping the body blank came out pretty good I planed down the parts that were sticking out a lot and drew a rough version of what im going for body shape wise sorry there's still no photo bucket account but i will get around to it sooner or later comments appreciated
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
you mean the wood or the lines i drew??
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
well like i said i only done it a wee bit so far
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Allright it look like great minds think alike. I too am building a V guitar here is what i have drawn up. I have all the parts ordered up and in my shop all I need is a neck. any suggestions? im using alder wood for the body.

yea this is my thread don't jack off all over it!!!!!!!!
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
all right holly crap dont wet the bed. It looked like you were up a creek with out a paddle, I thaught you need some inspiration. Sorry, ummm I hope your guitar plays right. With all that wood from the lumber yard, Ya know it can still warp.
not with the thickness I'm making it but back on topic i cut out the body and i will put a pic up soon hopefully i can be bothered making a photobucket account but seriously if you can get your V looking like that pic that will be a job well done
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by guitarcam123

damn, beat me to it
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
ok update turns out i had a photo bucket and i cut out the body still very rough so dont say its not smooth yet
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
anyone got any design ideas and sorry to dp but im lonley here by myself
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
well no i just drew lines and cut it out its a bit off but the pic is really bad which i just noticed now ill put up better ones tomorrow since its the body is in my shed and I cant be bothered going now but it does look better than that picture and guitarcam are you on gb & c all day??
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
i didn't mean it in a bad way but every thread i look on you have had your say
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112