Page 1 of 2
Nice !
im a Rusty Cooley fan myself
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Woo you got the good looking one! Is it me or do the stock photos of the new models ( black and white) look strange?

Anyways, HNGD
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Yea it is amazing... The slanted neck pickup sounds amazing. The fact that its slanted makes absolutely no difference... Maybe sounds even better. Yea the stock photos of the new black and white ones are exactly the same as this one. The of the body is normal but its those weirdly sculpted horns that make it look so different. Mines like that too. You just dont see it as much cause of the graphics.
I am not a big fan of strat shaped guitars but that is one nice guitar I love it.

I hate to say this but up until today I never knew who Rusty Cooley was until I looked him up. Sorry!
Haha u didnt know who he was? Man ur missing out on something big. This guys god to me
wow, those inlays are friggin sweet. HNGD
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
I would have never thought anyone would have bought this guitar. But, looks nice either way.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i never knew Dean could do super-strat shapes. lol. thats one beautiful guitar you have ther, TS.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
A lot of people dont know much about deans. I know there are a bunch of people out there who are anti-dean but seriously they are not bad at all. Especially the USA models... Yea they maybe expensive but theyre amazing.
With Dean it's mainly (not always) the Dimebag/ML "Sell them to kids who think it's cool" models that lack in quality, because the fans lap that stuff up and claim that it's a hate-crime if someone says anything against them.
But they do have some quality models, I'd say the Rusty Cooley model is one of the exceptions.
I have played a few razorbacks and I think they are pretty good. Of course with the graphics and the shape, deans trying to sell it to people who think they are cool agreed. But at the same time they arent bad guitars. Yea the graphics probably raise up the price so it isnt worth the price but now the new ones get original floyds which were lacking in the old models. I think theyre all good quality. Its the price that matters in the end
You lucky SoB.

errr....I mean, someone said you wanted me to hold that for you until you never wanted it back
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Nice guitar dude
i would love to be able to drop that kinda money on a guitar but here the RC7 is like $3000
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Cogratz man! Myself, I have been aching for one of those v-neck Solteros that Dean has been making lately. Really, as long as you avoid the lower level ML and V series of Dean, you should be fine. I have heard amazing things about their explorer's though.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by Darth Sion
A lot of people dont know much about deans. I know there are a bunch of people out there who are anti-dean but seriously they are not bad at all. Especially the USA models... Yea they maybe expensive but theyre amazing.

Pretty much... it's hard to convince people otherwise when the '09ers come in repeating what they read somewhere on the forums. It's a neverending cycle of hatred.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I´m not big on the graphic or the paper thin neck, but I´m sure it plays like a beast.
Quote by Darth Sion
I have played a few razorbacks and I think they are pretty good. Of course with the graphics and the shape, deans trying to sell it to people who think they are cool agreed. But at the same time they arent bad guitars. Yea the graphics probably raise up the price so it isnt worth the price but now the new ones get original floyds which were lacking in the old models. I think theyre all good quality. Its the price that matters in the end

With the Razorbacks and whatnot, it's less of a case of "It's good when I tried it" and more of a "if you own it, you'll resent your choice", you're paying over £1000 for a (bad) liscensed floyd rose and a Dean Stock pickup in the neck (I believe).
So the only things you're paying for is, the name Dean, the graphic (if it even has one) and a Dimebucker, over £1000 is robbery.
Happy New Awesome Guitar Day
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
With the Razorbacks and whatnot, it's less of a case of "It's good when I tried it" and more of a "if you own it, you'll resent your choice", you're paying over £1000 for a (bad) liscensed floyd rose and a Dean Stock pickup in the neck (I believe).
So the only things you're paying for is, the name Dean, the graphic (if it even has one) and a Dimebucker, over £1000 is robbery.

Yea i guess ur right. The licensed floyd is rubbish and the dean stock pickup isnt high output at all. The dimebucker has too much treble and the graphic apparently is too fragile so even the slightest touch would cause it to crack or chip off. Yea when i think bout it, ur completely right.

Even though the RC7 has a licensed floyd rose, it is still the same quality as an original. They used a licensed so that it can be recessed. This is my first guitar with a tremolo so im not really good with it. Anyone know any sites or videos that could help me learn some cool techniques?

Thanks
Do...does....does it.....does it stay out of your way?...had to man
HNGD
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Punk_Ninja

The pickups are actually good, Dean has actually started a pickup line.

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_pickups.php

If I remember correctly, the higher-end Deans have a Dean Time Machine in the neck.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I've gigged my Razorback since I bought it new in 2005 and haven't encountered any problems with the LFR. Besides the Jackson style and Peavy they're the best OEM LFR on the market. Mine has been abused many times and the only chipping is on the sharp corners. Any pointy guitar does this, the finish is fragile due to the lack of surface area to bond to (Unless the instrument was powdercoated for some reason, that stuff is insanely durable). After the 5 years of owning a Razorback I dont' resent my purchase at all. I love the neck still and it draws attention at shows.

Quote by Darth Sion
...the dean stock pickup isnt high output at all. The dimebucker has too much treble and the graphic apparently is too fragile so even the slightest touch would cause it to crack or chip off. Yea when i think bout it, ur completely right.

Even though the RC7 has a licensed floyd rose, it is still the same quality as an original. They used a licensed so that it can be recessed.

I never understood why somebody would want a high-output neck pickup. My Razorback has no cracks and only a few chips on the horn ends. Also the only significant patent Mr. Rose didn't sell off was for the case hardened steel knife edges on the tremolo base. Instead of these wearing out (like on LFR's) the studs wear and are way easier and cheaper to replace than a tremolo base.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
I've gigged my Razorback since I bought it new in 2005 and haven't encountered any problems with the LFR. Besides the Jackson style and Peavy they're the best OEM LFR on the market. Mine has been abused many times and the only chipping is on the sharp corners. Any pointy guitar does this, the finish is fragile due to the lack of surface area to bond to (Unless the instrument was powdercoated for some reason, that stuff is insanely durable). After the 5 years of owning a Razorback I dont' resent my purchase at all. I love the neck still and it draws attention at shows.

I never understood why somebody would want a high-output neck pickup. My Razorback has no cracks and only a few chips on the horn ends. Also the only significant patent Mr. Rose didn't sell off was for the case hardened steel knife edges on the tremolo base. Instead of these wearing out (like on LFR's) the studs wear and are way easier and cheaper to replace than a tremolo base.

I was about to get a razorback cemetery gates but i found an amazing deal for the RC7 so thats prolly why i took it. I know that the razorback is a really good guitar but i still feel that for the price, it is not worth it. You can get much better guitars for the same price or even less. Its just the looks of the razorback that caught my attention.
Quote by kranoscorp
The pickups are actually good, Dean has actually started a pickup line.

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_pickups.php

If I remember correctly, the higher-end Deans have a Dean Time Machine in the neck.

Yea i know bout the pickup line but the dean pickup in the neck of the razorback is really really basic. I found it pretty muddy. Although i love deans, they should have included a better pickup, maybe a dimarzio or another duncan.
Quote by Darth Sion
Yea i know bout the pickup line but the dean pickup in the neck of the razorback is really really basic. I found it pretty muddy. Although i love deans, they should have included a better pickup, maybe a dimarzio or another duncan.

And make it a good Duncan while they're at it.
Ok, I'm not a huge fan of either Dean or Rusty but as signature guitars go that is BAD. ASS. HNGD dude!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Darth Sion
I was about to get a razorback cemetery gates but i found an amazing deal for the RC7 so thats prolly why i took it. I know that the razorback is a really good guitar but i still feel that for the price, it is not worth it. You can get much better guitars for the same price or even less. Its just the looks of the razorback that caught my attention.

Hey, I'm not shooting down the RC7 by any means haha, very nice guitar. I'm not big on thin necks like that but it was a great sounding 7 string. I can't remember if they were a USA model or not and my Master Catalog is missing atm...
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Page 1 of 2