Does anyone know of a company that makes a 24 fret telecaster?

Im so used to 24 frets, and I'm not sure I want to make the switch to 21

EDIT - oh, and it would be great if anyone can tell me of any great telecaster knockoffs
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Last edited by BackDoorEntry at Jun 29, 2009,
You could buy a Squier Tele body and then mod it to whatever pups etc you want, then get a new neck online. There are a lot of companies that do that sort of thing, just google about.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
You could buy a Squier Tele body and then mod it to whatever pups etc you want, then get a new neck online. There are a lot of companies that do that sort of thing, just google about.

Wouldn't that require 3 whole frets to be overhang? Or the bridge to be moved forward so the scale length remains correct.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by ILuvPillows?
Wouldn't that require 3 whole frets to be overhang? Or the bridge to be moved forward so the scale length remains correct.

scale length stays the same, 3 fret overhang and the neck pickup would need to either be removed or moved back.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
scale length stays the same, 3 fret overhang and the neck pickup would need to either be removed or moved back.

Well, i can't quite grasp how the extra 3 frets wouldn't add to the length of the neck, therefore making the scale length unbalanced. But you seem to know what you're talking about so i'll stop hijacking the thread/
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

thanks, i think ill just move on to 21 frets then, i hate DIY'ing guitars lol
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Well, i can't quite grasp how the extra 3 frets wouldn't add to the length of the neck, therefore making the scale length unbalanced. But you seem to know what you're talking about so i'll stop hijacking the thread/

the extra 3 frets would just be added on to the existing neck and 21 frets, they would hang over the fretboard onto the pickguard where the neck pickup would have to be removed/moved.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by forstringwonder
the extra 3 frets would just be added on to the existing neck and 21 frets, they would hang over the fretboard onto the pickguard where the neck pickup would have to be removed/moved.

Oooh i thought that he meant that neither of the options from my first post were viable. Silly seal.
Quote by grimms

ive seen people add 3 frets that overhang, if i remember right warmoth does it.

i dont think it's really that easy to hit those high notes though, i kinda pointless to buy frets you cant play.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Isn't the Jim Root Tele a 24 fret?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's a 22.

Mah b
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jun 29, 2009,
A tele isn't a tele with 24 frets.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)