I really wish that they would get rid of the ads in the header of this site because every time I go to type in the search bar BAM spammed with some stupid ad I could care less about. I understand if these ads are for their sponsors but they dont need to come popping out and stop you from typing!
Quote by intenseshawn
I really wish that they would get rid of the ads in the header of this site because every time I go to type in the search bar BAM spammed with some stupid ad I could care less about. I understand if these ads are for their sponsors but they dont need to come popping out and stop you from typing!

Think about what that means. Damn you people.
Quote by JackalUK
COULDN'T CARE LESS

Jeeze, it's not hard to get right now is it

no i just left out "that I"

someone as smart as you're trying to be should know that
i just hate that pop up one
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by jsnate
Think about what that means. Damn you people.

No, wait.

Could care less is fine. You're using sarcasm when you say that you could "really care less" about something. How is that such a tough concept to grasp?
Adblock.

My son.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by bendystraw
No, wait.

Could care less is fine. You're using sarcasm when you say that you could "really care less" about something. How is that such a tough concept to grasp?

thank you
Well...think about it, if they get rid of the ads, we have to pay for UG.
And that wouldnt be good.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
It's a nonsensical phrase.

The use of I could care less implies that you at least care a little about the advert.
Quote by JackalUK

The use of I could care less implies that you at least care a little about the advert.

It a joke dumb****, god forbid a joke not being perfectly gramaticly correct.

See and this is why I dont post on here because there is always some asshole like you to come in and ruin it for me and everyone else.
Last edited by intenseshawn at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by JackalUK

No, I believe that you're using sarcasm when you say that. Like, "Yeah Mom, i want you to make more of that dry chicken from last night."

You're implying how absurd it would be to care even a little about the subject.
erm why are people fighting over what a sentence means?

on topic: yeah i kno i hate that....they cant just put regular ads up eh?
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by JackalUK
It's not a matter of grammar, it's getting your sentences to make sense

that is actually what grammar is
Quote by JackalUK
It's not a matter of grammar, it's getting your sentences to make sense

It makes perfect sense though, sarcasm isn't that tough of a concept.
Quote by intenseshawn
It a joke dumb****, god forbid a joke not being perfectly gramaticly correct.

See and this is why I dont post on here because there is always some asshole like you to come in and ruin it for me and everyone else.

Chill. The fuck. Out.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by bendystraw
It makes perfect sense though, sarcasm isn't that tough of a concept.

It is on the internet.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by intenseshawn

Don't post then?

TS, the ads mean you don't have to pay for using the site.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

You can say could care less instead of couldn't care less if everyone understands what you mean but technically it is wrong. The phrase wasn't originally sarcastic it just literally described how you feel i.e you don't care at all but obviously when you say you could care less instead it brings in the sarcasm. You can do it but it's not really a recognised phrase. And as for people who say 'could care less' without any irony then....... I despair.
AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: "Common Errors in English," from a professor who wrote the book.

RS: Paul Brians began with a Web site. It got so popular, it led to a book called "Common Errors in English Usage." Now there's a calendar of errors for every day of the year, for 2006.

AA: This week he started his 38th year of teaching at Washington State University, in the Pacific Northwest. We asked Professor Brians to name some of the errors he expects to hear on campus.

PAUL BRIANS: "One that is extremely common now, and it is so common now that I could be fighting a losing battle, is the expression 'could care less.' People say 'I could care less' when they mean 'I couldn't care less.' And the original expression is highly ironic. It's a sarcastic saying. 'You know what? I care so little about this, I could not possibly care any less than I do.'

"But people who don't understand what's being said think, 'Oh, I mean this ironically, so I'm going to say I could care less.' And, doing so, they think they're making something neutral into something ironic. But really they're making them sound like they don't know the original expression."

This man knows more about English language than either you or I
*Lightbulb*

"I think I'll make a post on the pit about how much the adds suck at the top of this website! I'm sure people will be sympathetic and care!"
Quote by xaviergray
There's this thing called money the site has to run on.

did u read the whole post you ignorant ****
You're really a loser if you have nothing better to do than search the internet on ways to prove me "wrong"
Quote by MetalGS3SE
So. Many. Periods.

Just like an all-girls school...

And yeah, 'could care less' is wrong.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by JackalUK
At least your name is fitting, you do seem rather intense

why cause im filppin **** on you
No, rather because you've jumped down the throats of half the people in this thread.