Not sure if this is old news or not, but it's been floating around the QOTSA message boards, and it's confirmed that it's not Queens related at all.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then take a look:
http://plasticpizzaparty.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/word-on-the-street/

Again, sorry if this is old news. And this is relatively believable considering this is not the only source this has come from. Multiple interviews with Dave, and you can even look on JPJ's website for a revealing tidbit.

I would **** a brick house. Srsly. **** would be so cash.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Woah, this would be awesome. I loved the performances with the Foo Fighters and JPJ/JP. Rock and Roll was awesome.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Have any of these very different musicians ever played together before? I think Grohl and Homme are friends, but what the **** is JPJ doing with them?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
Have any of these very different musicians ever played together before? I think Grohl and Homme are friends, but what the **** is JPJ doing with them?

JPJ and page played with the foo fighters at wembley stadium. JPJ might have also played in that FF double album, or in a desert sessions cut, not sure about that though.
Quote by frankv
This would seriously blow my mind. I have a feeling this will be the best supergroup ever. Maybe even best powertrio.

Better than Cream and the Jimi Hendrix Experience??!?!?!?
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by Vasser

dave grohl drummed on the QOTSA album 'songs for the deaf' and JPJ contributed on a song on the foo fighters album 'in your honor' (I think).
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Ah, okay, I can sorta see them all working together now.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
It's almost unbelievable to me- Parts of my two so far most favorite and legendary rock ensembles (QOTSA & LZ) and , hell, it's Dave Grohl...

This is amazing... Three of some of the greatest musicians to ever lend their creativity to rock... wow
I wonder what kind of songs they will write? I hope they do some songs similar to mosquito song and space cadet as well as some hard rock songs.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
My god, that would be amazing. I LOVE Homme and Grohl, and JPJ is a great bassist.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
this news is just too sick nayhting these guys release would be gold

what next the casually mention that Jimmy page and Tool have deicided to join in on this...................................it could happen
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
I wonder who's singing? Dave or Josh?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I read somewhere, (and I think its a pretty bogus rumor) that Homme wanted to get Mike Patton involved as singer....

that would have just gotten crazy if true
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Quote by Freaky_Styley
I read somewhere, (and I think its a pretty bogus rumor) that Homme wanted to get Mike Patton involved as singer....

that would have just gotten crazy if true

Am I the only one who doesn't like Mike Patton's vocals?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
^ nope I hate him

I really hope its not JPJ, if anyone's heard The Thunderthief they'll understand why.

Dynamite piano ri***ge tho
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Last edited by slaptasticdave at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by Karvid

No.

I love them, but there A LOT of people who don't.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
why was rif***e censored?

that's bizzare
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Can't wait to hear it, both Grohl and Homme are wicked songwritters, plus Dave Grohl has such energy behind a drumset, you can feel he's beating the **** out of it. It also dosen't hurt that John Paul Jones is a legend, a crazy bassist and a multi instumentalist.
The only thing that could make this better is David Gilmour. 2 of the best musicians of the 60's-70s-80s and 2 of the best from 90's-2000's.

(is it just me or does 2000's look weird? 00's maybe?)
Quote by The Contagen
Do want. Open for possible 2010 Soundgarden reunion tour please?

that would be fucking epic!!
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by TDS
JPJ and page played with the foo fighters at wembley stadium. JPJ might have also played in that FF double album, or in a desert sessions cut, not sure about that though.

JPJ contributed to a track on the 2nd disc of In Your Honor, not sure which track though. Most of us already know Dave played drums on some of Songs for the Deaf, toured with QOTSA as drummer during that album too if im not mistaken. Josh also contributed guitar for a track on the 2nd disc of In Your Honor as well.

Not sure if JPJ ever played with Homme...
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I'm just glad that John Paul Jones isn't a classic rock snob who refuses to play with younger musicians.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
I'm just glad that John Paul Jones isn't a classic rock snob who refuses to play with younger musicians.

He seems like he'd be a lot nicer in person than Jimmy Page...
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Hey guys! Continuing the trend of listing musicians that have nothing to do with this band, I think these guys should be in the band too:

Trent Reznor(Dave drummed on With Teeth, Trent sang indecipherable backing vocals on Era Vulgaris, duh)
Axl Rose(Mouthed off Eagles of Death Metal(EODM=Josh Homme), gotta have some animosity between the band members)
Alison Krauss for random backing vocals(She made an album with Robert Plant who was in a band with the guy that we already are 100% sure is in the band now)
Dave's neighbor Joe(Cause it's Dave's neighbor Joe amirite?)
Perry Farrell(for terrible onstage jokes)
Mike Patton(cuz hiz sanging es t3h r0xorz)
Harold from Harold & Kumar on bass(gotta have random Asians)
Kumar from Harold & Kumar on lead Indian vocals(because you can't have one without the other)
Maynard James Keenan(to attract Tool fans/APC fans/those two Puscifer fans)

Now that's a platinum record.
Last edited by The Contagen at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by The Contagen
Hey guys! Continuing the trend of listing musicians that have nothing to do with this band, I think these guys should be in the band too:

Trent Reznor(Dave drummed on With Teeth, Trent sang indecipherable backing vocals on Era Vulgaris, duh)
Axl Rose(Mouthed off Eagles of Death Metal(EODM=Josh Homme), gotta have some animosity between the band members)
Alison Krauss for random backing vocals(She made an album with Robert Plant who was in a band with the guy that we already are 100% sure is in the band now)
Kumar from Harold & Kumar on lead Indian vocals(because you can't have one without the other)

CONTROVERSY!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by The Contagen

I hate Axl Rose's voice. I like Appetite for Destruction, but on a lot of their songs his voice just ruins it(ex: Knockin On Heavens Door). He sounds like an annoying, screechy-voiced Chris Cornell wanna be.

Trent and Maynard would be awesome additions to this though.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Karvid

No , I'm not a fan of his at all really. Not saying he hasn't got a "good" voice , but it's certainly not for me. I think that if Mike Patton was to sing for this "project" then it won't be as good as it could have been. Either Josh should sing, Or they should have a list of guest contributers, or both.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I'm not too big on Patton myself, I wouldn't mind seeing him doing vocals on one track or something though.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
No one wants Dave to sing? I like his voice when he's not screaming all the time.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
I heard it's;

JH - Vocals, Guitars
JPJ - Bass
DG - Drums

hopefully Dave contributes some vocals to though.
Quote by slaptasticdave
No one wants Dave to sing? I like his voice when he's not screaming all the time.

I dunno if JPJ sings, if so ive never heard so I dunno about him, but I would like Dave and Josh to share the vocal duties.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^