im looking at the b-52 att(?) and the peavey valveking.
they both seem similar, they both fit my needs, but in the long run will i regret buying one? if you had to buy one wich would it be.
i play metal
i have a boss me-50 and metalcore 2
and my buget is 400.
thanks
sell Boss and MT-2
buy B-52
buy Keeley TS9 or OD808
????
profit
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
sell Boss and MT-2
buy B-52
buy Keeley TS9 or OD808
????
profit

Yep.

OR:
Look used
buy Used Peavey Triple XXX
????
profit
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
sell Boss and MT-2
buy B-52
buy Keeley TS9 or OD808
????
profit

that sounds good but its probably not possible for me.
i own a garbage uber metal pedal, a garbage fab chorus pedal, a miniamp thats not made any more, a vox wah pedal, the 2 boss pedals, and i was going to sell all that to guitar center or something and then, sence im 13, my mom said she would do the guitarcenter special offer thing and get it and not pay at all for a year, and i would just give her all the money i made and slowly earn the rest. and btw, i have a fender blues jr wich is worth like 500 but its like blown, and ill only sell it if i have to.
What did you do to the BJ?
Blown tube? Fuse?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by gregs1020
metal is a broad term, list bands...

my garage cover band plays trivium, iron maiden, metallica, all that remains, killswitch engage(so it should sound good loud). But I PLAY by myself things like between the buried and me, dream theater, opeth, children of bodom.
Quote by oneblackened
What did you do to the BJ?
Blown tube? Fuse?

well its not techicaly blown, to play with my band i have to turn it up all the way just to hear it over the drums and it makes the most obnoxious screeching noise all the time, even if its turned up half of the way. it was passed down to me from my uncle
you have all of that, you're 13, yet you dont even care about a 500 dollar amp that's probably easy to repair? go used and buy a peavey XXX combo. don't use your ML-2 with it, it has excellent onboard gain
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I'm trying to find a B-52 AT that I could get shipped to the UK, but I might have to settle for a Valveking (I've been told the B-52's are better, especially for metal) but if guitarcenter don't ship to the UK, then I think I may be screwed haha
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
you have all of that, you're 13, yet you dont even care about a 500 dollar amp that's probably easy to repair? go used and buy a peavey XXX combo. don't use your ML-2 with it, it has excellent onboard gain

well its kinda like im barrowing it, he did give it to me, but he said if he ever needed it, i would have to give it back because its still his amp. i would rather have the secure feeling of my own amp. and how much could i fined that amp for used?
Quote by metaguitar
well its kinda like im barrowing it, he did give it to me, but he said if he ever needed it, i would have to give it back because its still his amp. i would rather have the secure feeling of my own amp. and how much could i fined that amp for used?

assuming your in the US, just troll ebay or craigslist or a small used shop if there are any nearby, and maybe you could get one for $400-500
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Lol, I was totally about to ask the same exact question, cept I don't have the pedals and I would be needing to get over an acoustic drum set.

*will keep watch*
$400 and selling the ME goes a long way on craigslist. someone search, TS, what major city are you near?
Quote by gregs1020
$400 and selling the ME goes a long way on craigslist. someone search, TS, what major city are you near?

+1
Quote by gregs1020

Tampa, if thats concidered major
Ha, yea actually one of my favorite clists... back in a sec...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/msg/1222945517.html RG50tc. $400.
VK's, B-52s, and RG50tc's are all a matter of taste. I'd personally rather have the randall than either, but you aren't me. Go try that amp and see what you think.

There is a JSX, 5150 and B-52 head, but slightly over budget and would need a cab. So if you sell the ME and make some bucks or just save and wait, good stuff is up all the time.

Try the Randall tho, see what you think.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by gregs1020
Yea I saw that too. Not ideal for broot4lz but worth trying out. Especially if the TS has an od or eq about.

The V-series are dark amps anyway...but my V18 sounds great with an EQ pedal. But it definitely needs a push to get into metal territory.
i think since guitar center only has the valveking in stock and i could take it home now and pay it off in a year, i think ill get that and do some of the cheap mods, would taking the speaker out of my fender blues junior (if its any better sence i here valveking stock speakers suck ) and switching it with the valveing make a difference?
btw, should i sell my ml-2 pedal or use the valveking distortion?
That speaker isn't rated for 50 watts I doubt. The WGS Vintage 30 clone is about $50 shipped. Have you tried the B-52? You owe it to yourself to try one. But either way good luck.
Quote by gregs1020
That speaker isn't rated for 50 watts I doubt. The WGS Vintage 30 clone is about $50 shipped. Have you tried the B-52? You owe it to yourself to try one. But either way good luck.

i feel stupid, one of the reasons im getting a new amp is so its louder then 15 watts, i can barely over power acoustic drums
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
sell Boss and MT-2
buy B-52
buy Keeley TS9 or OD808
????
profit

mmhmm
yes
that would be the correct answer.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by metaguitar
i feel stupid, one of the reasons im getting a new amp is so its louder then 15 watts, i can barely over power acoustic drums

what, and digital drums are louder? LIES.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
what, and digital drums are louder? LIES.

from what i know, and im no drummer, that when a drum set in un-miked, its concidered acoustic. who said **** about a digital drumset
The way you were saying it it sounded like you thought amplified drums (midi kits) were louder. Trust me, I've never needed to mic an acoustic set.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You really do owe it to yourself to try the B-52 and the Valveking out. The VK is a very dry and thin amp, but it could be your cup of tea. If you're mum is going to Guitar Centre, hit that shit up and try them out, along with a Peavey XXX and a Randall RG 50-TC. It doesn't quite do br00talz, but it's a very nice amp for the money. They may be over your budget new, but second-hand will then mostly be your ticket.
Quote by oneblackened
The way you were saying it it sounded like you thought amplified drums (midi kits) were louder. Trust me, I've never needed to mic an acoustic set.

ok it was just a missunderstanding i guess, my bad. by saying it cant even playing louder then an acoustic drum set i was saying that its not loud at all, because most amps can play louder.