Sometimes I play my Electric Guitar unplugged when I don't feel like playing through an amp, (I don't have an acoustic guitar but I want one) it sound quite but I'm usually alone when I do so that's fine. I was wondering does anyone else do this?

Also does anyone have any suggestions for a good acoustic that's around $300 or under?
I do that all the time. Got a 4 yr old brother/close proximity neighbors.

As for the acoustic, just look for something used. I once found an Ovation Celeb. Deluxe for $250 at GC (used obviously) I almost **** myself, but it sold before I could get my assets in order for a purchase.....twas a beautiful insturment though...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Freshman seem to be getting rave reviews atm.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Most of my practise is done with electrics unplugged.

As far as acoustics go, I second the Ovation CC44's (Celebrity models). I've got the CC44S (solid top - regualar 44 has a laminated top) and it's the best acoustic I've found for the money. Then again it is a roundback which is no good if you want a 'full' acoustic (e.g. dreadnought style). Also Ovations have a soft-V contoured neck which will be weird if you're used to modern slim C and U-shape necks.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I really like the feel of the ovations curved back which I find much easier to hold than a dreadnought.
I think every electric player does this. It's very handy when you get an idea in mind to just strum it through.
$300 acoustic? Cort Earth series has several under that price all solid spruce tops and the electros have Fishman pickups. Hard to beat at twice the price.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Jun 29, 2009,
I can't name specific models, but...... I've found Yamaha acoustics to be excellent all down the line, and affordable in the lower end. My son picked up a used one from a "Starter Pack" a couple of years back, and I was VERY impressed with the sound and playability. I've played a lot of them in guitar stores and never gotten a bad one, which I can't say about the cheaper Fenders, Epi's and a few others in the sub-$400 range.
Yeah, I play a lot unplugged. I have a small 15 watt combo, and even that seems to be too loud for the flat, so often I just don't bother plugging in.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's