So we're a band with me (guitarist) as leader, a female vocalist a bassist (who is actually a drummer so he isn't much of a virtuoso a pretty good drummer and a pretty good keyboard player.

We'd like to play some heavy metal but, as we have a female vocalist, something melodic. We already did Flight of Icarus which went of pretty well. It's too bad that because of my Floyd rose we can't do any Anette era Nightwish (ít's tuned down) because that would be perfect.
So if anyone could name some songs with easy bass, keyboard,'heavy guitar and melody it would be awesome!
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
inb4 iron maiden
some hair metal?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
inb4 iron maiden
some hair metal?

New Wave of British Heavy Metal...hardly hair metal.
Last edited by Chop_Suey92 at Jun 29, 2009,
Yeah, that kind of stuff. Power metal in E standard would be fun
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Check out Lacuna Coil, I'm not too familiar with their work, but they're "metal" and seem to be pretty easy to play. As well Dream Theatre's "Walk Beside You" is pretty simple, however I believe he might use a 7 string guitar.
Arcane Echo

Just call me Ethan
Thanks
Quote by razorback91