I am new to bass and have been having some troubles with bass covers because i cant hear the bass over the rest of the instruments, to try and fix this problem i changed the EQ on my stereo to a different setting, still not loud enough, so i changed the EQ to a new setting and turned up the bass and i STILL cant hear it, does anyone have any suggestions, maybe i am doing something wrong, like i said i am new to bass and i'm mainly a guitarist. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Xiaoxi

I am so gonna do that to my friend tomorrow. I'ma grab his wiener all day.
^This

Quote by wiggyisgreat

To be honest I'd have sex with my sister so meh.
FAIL!
Look into Guitar Pro, it's great little program to help with timing, however I find regular tabs are easier to learn from, because with Guitar Pro playing the song, I find it almost encourages you to skip parts you don't know, maybe it's just me. So, try the way you prefer, you seem to be having trouble with tabs/standard notation give Guitar Pro a try if you like it better go for it. And, on a side note, eventually, you will be able to hear the bass in a song; seems nowadays that's all I hear, or all I try to hear in a song.
Arcane Echo

Just call me Ethan
i can read the tabs, i understand all of that, i just **** up the timing because when i try to play along with the CD i cant hear where the bass parts in the song are
Quote by Xiaoxi

I am so gonna do that to my friend tomorrow. I'ma grab his wiener all day.
^This

Quote by wiggyisgreat

To be honest I'd have sex with my sister so meh.
FAIL!
Usually you can really concentrate on a track to hear the bass, but if you cant hear any at all (in my experience As i Lay Dying's Frail Words Collapse) just write your own. I think it reflects more skill upon you as a player and prepares you a bit for playing in a original band anyway, which generally seems to be the goal of learning to play an instrument.

Tabs are also sometimes a bit wrong or can have fingerings that you may not particularly favor, so learning a song at least part way by ear is bound to be helpful.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
instead of using guitar pro/power tab, use tuxguitar. it does the same thing and is designed to be free.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Maybe you've already tried this, but listen with a good set of headphones.

Guitar pro is great, if the bassline is correct. Many times I've seen the basslines be horribly wrong, so if you rely on that, might not help.
Warwick Corvette $$ 4-string
Ibanez GSR200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
Eden 115XL
Carvin B1500 head
It's just something you get used too. when I started I could barely hear the bass, but now I've gotten good at picking it out. If you have a nice sub woofer that helps too.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!