Does anyone know anything about the randall rx-412 cab (specifically this one http://www.musik-produktiv.de/randall-rx-412-gerade.aspx )? Is it any good? Would it go together with a 100 watt tube amp head (I assume it would, but I just wanna be sure). How would I even know that? The cab is totally 200 watts, what does that really mean? How many watts from a head can the cab handle in this case?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 29, 2009,
a cab with a rating of 200 watts will be able to handle 200w RMS, although in some cases it would be 200w peak instead of wRMS.

i dont know about randall cabs, but im sure a 200w cab can take a 100w head, even if the 200 is peak volume.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

that can can handle any amp with a wattage below 200w.

and that is your budget for an amp? and a Cab?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Allright, does anyone know whether the Randall Rx-412 cab is any good? Because it's cheap as ****, only 289 €.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
that can can handle any amp with a wattage below 200w.

and that is your budget for an amp? and a Cab?

I've been GASing over a Krank Rev Jr and I thought that I'd buy this cab to match it, if I buy the amp, 'cause the Krank Reb Jr is only 444 € for the head.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 29, 2009,
what speakers does it use? i assume its something like 'custom design' speakers if its that cheap.

if it says custom design speakers avoid it.

get somethign with V30s, G12s or greenbacks.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Lower end Randall Amps are not too good IMO and i think it goes the same with the cabs.

i suggest looking elsewhere or give us a budget for a cab
and check my thread for a list of amps the might interst you too.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Lower end Randall Amps are not too good IMO and i think it goes the same with the cabs.

i suggest looking elsewhere or give us a budget for a cab
and check my thread for a list of amps the might interst you too.

What about this ? Anyone tried it? The review of the celestion Rocker 50 speakers seems pretty good.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

They are ALOT more expensive. I don't really know about the budget, I'm still not 100 % sure whether I'm gonna buy anything. Probably something in the 400 € region. Out of those the Framus looks like the best one.