Hi.

So, this is a pretty nooby question, but I'm not very good at working with my guitars at all.

On my Jackson RR5, i'm having some fret buzz problems.. first, on the open G string, and also when fretted at the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd frets.. and then on my low E, a little buzz when open, and more so on the first fret, but the 2nd and 3rd are fine.

Is this a case where I should just adjust the bridge a little bit? Or do I need to take it in to someone to have them mess with it? I don't want to throw my intonation off, or mess up anything else either... its been a bit humid around here lately, so i'm going to guess thats what part of the problem is.

Also, on my new Strat, i'm having some major fretbuzz problems. I'm pretty sure the action is just too low, but I don't have any idea how to adjust the action on it... since it has a fixed bridge. And messing with the truss rod is one of the last things I want to do, so i'll probably just have that one taken in...

But any advice from the wonderful UGers?
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
There's a whole bunch of potential reasons why that's happening.
If you're having buzzing problems when you hit the open string, then your nut might be filed too low or improperly.
If it's buzzing in a few frets only, the frets might not be level in those particular spots. I'd strongly suggest getting a setup or simply getting a pro to look at it.

I know it's not much help, but hopefully that helped to narrow down the possible problems. Cheers man, good luck!