sooo im thinkin about getting a new pickguard since i dont really like the white one.

i have a mim hss black strat with white pickguard.

waht are some sexy colors? also, how much would it cost to get my 2nd tone pot replaced? the two sticks that hold the knob on, one of em broke off.
Pots'll cots like $5. I say something bright for the pickguard. Red, yellow, neon orange, lime green. Something crazy like that. It'd be refreshing and classless to the point of 80's hairmetal. (AKA win)

EDIT: Oh, and this color change requiries black pickup covers
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jun 29, 2009,
could yall post pictures and maybe some sites where to buy these. ive only looked on warmoth.

also, i can buy pickup covers for the single coils atleast, to change color. the humbucker is white. i was considering getting some dome like pot covers. maybe gold

how hard is it to wire a new pot? im horrible with soldering
^Just go ahead and have someone who knows what they're doing wire it.

EDIT: THIS: http://www.warmoth.com/Blank-Stock10x12-Violet-Pearl-P1555C210.aspx = win. With chrome hardware and black pickup covers

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jun 29, 2009,
I couldn't find a precut one on warmoth like that. But if you ask 'em they'll probably cut it for you. Won't cost too much But I'm not totally sure on that.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
I couldn't find a precut one on warmoth like that. But if you ask 'em they'll probably cut it for you. Won't cost too much But I'm not totally sure on that.

I found one!!! in the precut strat section haha. i just didnt see it.

holy crap tehy cost 30 bucks? anywhere i could get that color cheaper?
No idea. Ebay? Stewmac doesn't have all the cool colors, but warmoth is probably the only place that you can have one made to your specs.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
No idea. Ebay? Stewmac doesn't have all the cool colors, but warmoth is probably the only place that you can have one made to your specs.

Ok since im 14 i dont have that kind of money for just a pickguard.

what about this idea? My black strat, keep the white pickguard. get to black pickup covers for teh two single coils, and leave the humbucker white. pots are chrome dome ones. since the bridge and input thing are chrome it would match
I think Black tortoiseshell would look amazing. I dont know much about the cost of replacing that tone pot though, sorry.
A 500k pot will really open up the sound with the humbucker, but will also make your single coils sound brighter. HSS strats come stock with 250k pots.

If you're ordering the pot from StewMac, get the 6mm shaft. Otherwise, i think the 1/4 would be fine.

For a pickguard colour, i have to say tortoiseshell. Get it here.
Quote by Pac_man0123
A 500k pot will really open up the sound with the humbucker, but will also make your single coils sound brighter. HSS strats come stock with 250k pots.

If you're ordering the pot from StewMac, get the 6mm shaft. Otherwise, i think the 1/4 would be fine.

For a pickguard colour, i have to say tortoiseshell. Get it here.

How will this pot do anything to the humbucker at all anyway? no matter which i get? ts a tone pot for the middle one.

and why 6mm from stewamac, but 1/4 anywhere else?

if it comes with 250ks then thats what ill get because i though i read somewhere that mixing em is bad?
i always like red and black together so i would say red though i would rather have a red strat with a black pick guard those guitars always look good to me
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
ok i figured out the pot 250 k.

what im wondering is 6mm or 1/4" knobs? im getttin from stewmac. somebody said 6mm if from stewmac or 1/4 elsewhere? why? which fits strat pots best?
Quote by nathanlamb01098
ok i figured out the pot 250 k.

what im wondering is 6mm or 1/4" knobs? im getttin from stewmac. somebody said 6mm if from stewmac or 1/4 elsewhere? why? which fits strat pots best?

The 6mm knobs fit stewmac's pots. It says the 1/4" shaft knobs fit many domestic and import guitars.
Quote by Pac_man0123
The 6mm knobs fit stewmac's pots. It says the 1/4" shaft knobs fit many domestic and import guitars.

Ok.... so what should i get. i've got two normal strat pots. the volume and first tone, and im getting a new second tone pot.

should i get one 6mm, and two 1/4"?
help? i'm gonna be buying soon before my parents leave since i need their card and they wont leave it with me haha
Id say a greyish/silverish pearloid would look badass.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I've always liked a marble one for black. Red would be nice, kinda indulgent-looking though. If you want a dark strat look, get a black one. I'd suggest getting a textured one rather than a solid color one. Marble looks really nice

Best pic I could find. Bit small, sorry

i would pick this but my strat isnt worth upgrading its that bad
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.