Its probably just the hole in the body worn too big. Put a piece of matchstick or toothpick in the hole and screw them back in. It just replaces the missing wood without risking doing any damage.
Last edited by zhilla at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by zhilla
Its probably just the hole in the body worn too big. Put a piece of matchstick or toothpick in the hole and screw them back in. It just replaces the missing wood without risking doing any damage.

Yeah thats what I had to do with my guitar, it worked very well. Only I glued the toothpicks in because they were a pain in the ass to keep still when putting the screws back in place.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
like said, toothpick or matchstick, what ever will fit in the hole. feel free to add wood glue as well. screw in thru the stick.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
x4 on the toothpick. I use that for my strap locks when the screws that come with them are too small. If you're looking for something permanent, throw some gorilla glue in the hole first.
Last edited by PSM at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
Yea, the're so stripped that I was actually able to just pull the screws out. Should I just glue it or continue with the match-sticking?

Gorilla glue plus the toothpicks and you'll be good to go (let it dry obviously).
You can pull them out because the hole has worn too large - thats why you need the matchstick - to replace the missing wood. Glue it in as well if you want, but the matchstick will be strong enough by itself.
Quote by zhilla
You can pull them out because the hole has worn too large - thats why you need the matchstick - to replace the missing wood. Glue it in as well if you want, but the matchstick will be strong enough by itself.

Matchstick worked like a charm. Didn't even need glue. Sorry to have doubted you match-stickers.

Thanks guys