right im a bit of a newb when it comes to recording
but

i want to buy this
http://line6.com/podstudiokb37/

which is a udio interface aswell as a midi keyboard i think
aswell as this you get pod farm riff works and ableton lite
on my pc i have gutiar rig 3 aswell as a few amplitube programs i aquired

now if i were to buy that kb37
would i have everythign i need presumably there would be midi sounds included with it for basic key board sounds aswellas basic synth sounds

also would guitar rig and amplitube be compatable with the line 6 kb 37 would my signal appear in those programs if i plugged my guitar into the kb37

and finally is ableton lite enough to do basic recordings and save them onto my pc
or would i need something more
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by muckypup
how do you record with guitar rig and amplitude at the moment dude?

i dont
i got them for free
i have no recording software
just those guitar programs
i got them for free before i even had money to buy recrding stuff
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

have you tried recording with your guitar cable plugged into the back of your computer? listen to some of the music on The Noise band prfile on here to see what kind of quality you can get doing that, its what i do.
hawayy
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

So did you listen to any of it? what did you think of the sound you can get for FREE, for NOTHING, without spending a penny.
Quote by muckypup
So did you listen to any of it? what did you think of the sound you can get for FREE, for NOTHING, without spending a penny.

i dont want to plugg striaght in
because the audio interface also doubles as amidi keyboard which i want
aswell as the audio interface being a much better idea
i might be new to this but i knowthat
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by muckypup

So... you got your computer for free?

Also, most on board sound cards have ridiculous amounts of latency
You like it
The computer is secondhand and cost about £40. The latency is so horrendous i record with all the sound muted, i watch the sound come up on the screen as i record. But i use programs that are made to only be used with a midi keyboard through Reaper, it lets you use your typing keyboard as a music keyboard.
I can't see where muckypup is going...

Quote by steve!
which is a udio interface aswell as a midi keyboard i think
aswell as this you get pod farm riff works and ableton lite
on my pc i have gutiar rig 3 aswell as a few amplitube programs i aquired

now if i were to buy that kb37
would i have everythign i need presumably there would be midi sounds included with it for basic key board sounds aswellas basic synth sounds

also would guitar rig and amplitube be compatable with the line 6 kb 37 would my signal appear in those programs if i plugged my guitar into the kb37

and finally is ableton lite enough to do basic recordings and save them onto my pc
or would i need something more

Firstly, MIDI is not sound. Sorry but as a keyboard player I find this annoying (no offense, it's a common mistake). MIDI is just how you connect keyboards etc. together.

Riff Works will let you record and has amp effects too. Looks confusing though.

I don't know why they included Ableton Live Lite, but yeah that can record too and is more advanced than riffworks. You can record guitars in Live, then load up Pod Farm as a plugin and do the whole FX and amp thing to your heart's delight.

For keyboard you'll need a synth plugin to make sounds. Ableton has a basic one and you can get HUNDREDS of free ones - check out kvraudio.com (Rez and Minimoog V are my freeware favs).

Hope it works out (that keyboard sure looks cool).

Uni.