I want to play on a stage totally without any amp stacks and stuff. Is it possible? What do you think of it?
Can you suggest me any good amp simulator pedals straightly connectable to the PA system? I have heard of Line 6 Pod X3 and XT, Boss GT10 and Tech 21 Tri-A.C.
Discuss!
Thanks!
Yeah, you can do that.

I have a Vox Tonelab LE and it's good at amp modeling.
you can, but it usually doesnt sound very good. just get a decent modeller like a valvetronix 15/30 and mic it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

What style of music?

Jazz up through Classic Rock and a little Modern Rock... Tonelab LE
Anything heavier, Pod X3
It's heavy metal or hard rock with pretty good gain and distortion. I don't want to be annoying and advertising or anything, but if you don't mind: the first song is the sound we got in the studio and it would be pretty perfect (I play the rhythm): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3OFwBqlcYU&fmt=18
Thanks a lot !
Last edited by Amarant at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Silver-spear94
you can, but it usually doesnt sound very good. just get a decent modeller like a valvetronix 15/30 and mic it.
I totally disagree with this advice. Modelers are designed to plug straight into a PA. You should also tweak your settings on a PA beforehand, not with a guitar amp. I recommend the X3 because that's what I have. I used to have a GT-8 and the amp modeling was fizzy as hell.
I like the modeling a lot on the Tonelab, but I can never seem to get a really good overdrive sound so I ended up just using my amps overdrive.
Quote by Silver-spear94

Completely disagree. A POD xt/x3 through a PA will sound better than a Vox miced into one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Completely disagree. A POD xt/x3 through a PA will sound better than a Vox miced into one.

But which one then? XT is a lot cheaper.

Thanks!
well ive never micked a modeller, only small tube amps :shrugs:

but from my experiencei assumed a mic'd amp would sound better

anyway, these guys have more experience than me.

and the X3 live is epic.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

You may as well tell him to buy an MG.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Amarant
But which one then? XT is a lot cheaper.

Thanks!

The XT is more reliable, or so I've heard. The X3 is basically an XT with all the model packs, with a few extra features.

I've never tried an X3 to compare, but XTs can sound great with a bit of tweaking.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yep, I've heard some good recordings that came out of the XT Live. I got a Pod XT bean cheap ($125) because of that, but sold it before I got a chance to check it out because I got a killer deal on the X3 Live ($225 like new).