So my 1959 Gibson les paul reissue is squealing like crazy on high gain amp modes. On my peavey its fine on reualr gain input but when i use the hugh gain input it squeals i put my headphones on and realized most of it was feedback so im not worried about that its a loud amp, and with my spider it does the same thing on insane but not on metal(actually not that bad of an amp) So the problem is i occasionaly get a different type of squeal when laying thats not feedback its like an odd fast ringing sound. I got no idea what it is any ideas? I dont really think its the pickups but it might be? what do u think?
Guitars
1959' Gibson Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Alpine White Les Paul Studio
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
Line 6 Spider III 75 combo
If your guitar had single coils I would say it's because of those but a humbucker should do exactly what the names says, "buck the hum" (cancel excessive noise).

Your hummies are probably low output and can't handle the high gain frequencies.

They use to work fine its not like its a new guitar or setup i just started playin a few minutes ago and was like what the ****!!!!! I dont think the humbuckers are low output theyre 59 paf gibson humbuckers
Guitars
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
your pups are low output. peavey didnt invent the high gain 6505 back in 1959, so therefore your pups cant handle it.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
they use to be able to.
Guitars
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
alright i guess ill try that. Would removing the covers get rid of this sound? I love the sound of open coil humbuckers!
Guitars
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
Quote by hendrix_128
your pups are low output. peavey didnt invent the high gain 6505 back in 1959, so therefore your pups cant handle it.

Thats nonsense why would pups need to handle an amplifier, if it was the opposite (highgain pickups --> low gain amp) then the problem would be there. Just get a noise gate and there should be no more problem.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
your squeezing the neck to tight causing the guitar to squeal in agony

seriously though it`s sounds like it`s simply feedback, learn how to control it and use it to your advantage, face away from the amp, don`t stand too close to the amp, try throwing a blanket over the amp easier if you have a seperate cab(be careful not to overheat the amp or start a fire)

using feedback to your advantage = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOsgv_X_cV8

hit a harmonic in this case C(5th fret on the G) and then let it feedback
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jun 29, 2009,
I've recently been having this problem with my LP copy. The noise is only there when not playing so its not normal feedback. It happens on high gain patches on my Korg AX1500G through both my 100w marshall combo and front of house gear through the board. Anyone got any tips? I'm thinking pickups/pots?
Quote by Nuffy
I've recently been having this problem with my LP copy. The noise is only there when not playing so its not normal feedback. It happens on high gain patches on my Korg AX1500G through both my 100w marshall combo and front of house gear through the board. Anyone got any tips? I'm thinking pickups/pots?

turn the gain down? stop the strings ringing when you aren't playing them? turn the volume down when you aren't playing the guitar?
Yea thats fine to get rid of it but the problem is also when palm muting or when my hand is over the pickup, thats what made me think it was a problem