I have a ca15 acoustic amplifier. It has an external speaker jack that says 4 Or more ohms on it. This would mean I could connect a 8 ohm cab to my combo amp or would it only be usable with a 4 cab. Oh and does ibanez make good cabinents cause I'm debating wether to buy a ibanez or a Marshall my cab. I don't want to spend over 300
ibanez amps/cabs, with the exception of the all tubes and the Valbee, suck.

get a marshall 1960, or one of the 2x12s.

and yes, 4 ohms + means you could use it with 4, 8 or 16 ohm cabs i believe.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
ibanez amps/cabs, with the exception of the all tubes and the Valbee, suck.

get a marshall 1960, or one of the 2x12s.

and yes, 4 ohms + means you could use it with 4, 8 or 16 ohm cabs i believe.

Ok thanks I will probally get a Marshall cab.
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Ok thanks I will probally get a Marshall cab.

just don't get an MG one.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
The only other cab in my budget range is a crate and the Marshall mg. Oh and what kind of speaker cable would I use.
what amp head would you be using it with?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

^ it's in the first post. not a head, but a combo with an ext. jack.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
This is all sounding a bit like the wrong advice. It's an acoustic amp. You should get a full range speaker for an acoustic amp. If you are playing an electric through it then you should be looking at an electric guitar amp, not an electric amp speaker on an acoustic amp. Sounds like throwing good money after a bad idea.
oh...crud...

i just noticed you said its an acoustic amp

disreguard what ive said, get a new amp first.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I will get an amp head after I get the cab because I don't has enough money to buy both. For now the acoustic Amos fine cause I have distortion pedals but for Christmas I will get a head
well just use the acoustic amp on its own for now, then buy something like a Bugera 333 halfstack.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

There's no pont buying a cab ffs, just buy a decent combo.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by fly135
This is all sounding a bit like the wrong advice. It's an acoustic amp. You should get a full range speaker for an acoustic amp. If you are playing an electric through it then you should be looking at an electric guitar amp, not an electric amp speaker on an acoustic amp. Sounds like throwing good money after a bad idea.

The amp has a beautiful clean tone and takes my distortion pedals real well. Would anthying not work if I bought a cab. I think it sounds fine now but I just need more power. The cab will still work right. I have a sweet distortion sound on it with my pedals.

Edit: the only difference in an acoustic and an electric amp is that an electric amp has distortion. I use pedals not amp distortion so the type of amp doesn't bother me. But I will get a 5150 head later
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Jun 29, 2009,
^wat

im confused.
you said that you have the Raven and you returned it and bought a B-52 and NOW you are saying that you have an Acoustic amp and your are buying a 5150??

im confused
and where did you return the Raven?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Deanguitarist39
The amp has a beautiful clean tone and takes my distortion pedals real well. Would anthying not work if I bought a cab. I think it sounds fine now but I just need more power. The cab will still work right. I have a sweet distortion sound on it with my pedals.
Acoustic amps are more full range like a PA. The speakers in a guitar cab are going to change the tone of your amp quite a bit. Nothing wrong with experimenting. But you not going too get many people familiar with what guitar cab goes best with an acoustic amp.