My bass finish is so full of fingerprints right now because I play fingerstyle, and it's a pain in the ass to have to go drop $20 on new strings to clean it just to have it all smudged again. Is there any way to keep a black finish nice and shiny playing fingerstyle, or is there a way to clean with the strings still on? It's really unappealing visually, and has turned me off black guitars for the time being.
clean it yourself?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Clean it with a dry, fibre free cloth. Just put the cloth between the strings, its really not that hard.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Jun 29, 2009,
wipe it down with a polishing rag every once in a while
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by _-Joey-_
I don't see why you can't clean it & keep the strings on?!

It's right under the strings where it's the most smudged, and I have thick fingers so I can't really reach under there.
Quote by fleajr_1412
Clean it with a dry, fibre free cloth. Just put the cloth between the strings, its really not that hard.

+1, or loosen the strings so your hand fits under.

threads like this make me lose faith in humanity.
Quote by Alex Vik
It's right under the strings where it's the most smudged, and I have thick fingers so I can't really reach under there.

also, strings bend upon pressure. your fingers can fit.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

also, depending on what bass you use, you can put the strings back on after taking them completely off...
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
also, depending on what bass you use, you can put the strings back on after taking them completely off...

Well, as you can see, I've got the GSR200, so I don't think I can.
I have the same bass.

you indeed can.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Alex Vik
Well, as you can see, I've got the GSR200, so I don't think I can.

i'm fairly certain you can do that on all basses [that cost more than $10]..if you can string a bass, you can string a bass. it doesn't matter if the strings are new or old (as long as they're not snapped in half), there should be absolutely no reason you can't put the strings back on your bass after you take them off.
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!