Okay here is my situation:

Agile AL-2000 Black w/gold hardware for xmas and then put in some classic '57 humbuckers next summer

OR

Epiphone Les Paul Custom next summer, and then put in '57 classics that xmas.

What are your opinions?
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
the agile would be more like a gibson then the epiphone
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
The Epi Custom is better than any Agile les paul less than a AL-3000.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Epi, easily. The 3100's I've played have been meh, and Epi LP Custom > Agile AL-2000.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Agile.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I'd say Agile, my AL-2000 plays better than the Epi's I've played in stores, and I'm talking some of the higher ups too. The only one I really found an equal was the prophecy.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Its kinda of hard because I can play the Epi Custom at my local music store, but I have no way of playing an Agile myself to see which I like better.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by Akridosity
The Epi Custom is better than any Agile les paul less than a AL-3000.

THIS.

The idiots on here don't even know what they're talking about. I bet 90% of them haven't even seen an agile before. I've tried one, and it was ok. Nothing i wouldn't pay more than $500 for.

Definitely go with the epiphone. Much better quality.
Quote by Pac_man0123
THIS.

The idiots on here don't even know what they're talking about. I bet 90% of them haven't even seen an agile before. I've tried one, and it was ok. Nothing i wouldn't pay more than $500 for.

It's true, they just go with the Band Wagon that says Agiles are better than any Epi
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Quote by LemonBurst
It's true, they just go with the Band Wagon that says Agiles are better than any Epi

Exactly. One guy on here goes "ZOMG my agile plays like a GIBSON CUSTOM!!!" and everyone starts saying they're the sh*t.
I've personally both an AL2000 and an AL3000, along with various Epiphone Les Pauls including the Prophecy GX, Custom, Studio, and Standard Plus models.

AGILE

Pros: Great quality wood with a build quality that's above par. The stock pickups have a great sound for that classic, thick les paul tone that's so coveted today. The thing plays like butter.

Cons: The volume and tone curcuits were kind of noisy, but it's an easy fix. It also needs a setup from the factory.

EPIPHONE

Pros: Looks that kill. A good heavy, bright sound. More lightweight than the Agile. Action was decent. Electronics are ok.

Cons: Build quality was lacking in comparison to the AL's. The nut binds like hell, causing this guitar to fall out of tune constantly. Quality control on these guitars is as bad as Gibson. It's hit or miss. Also needs a setup.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Agile 3000/3100 will own Epi Custom anytime of the week.
My last AL-3100 felt better than my friend Gibson Classic and he had to agree on it
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jun 30, 2009,
If its not a Gibby studio..Id go Agile.

After the Agiles and Dougies I've played..Epiphone Standard is a total ripoff.
When you compare one of those Agiles to a guitar you've payed a grand for...
well..lets just say there's no lesson like a hard bought lesson...lol

If you are going to mod it anyway..and you know exactly what you want...
I'd go with a well constructed quality guitar. The 3000+ line is better than
the Epiphone standard.

Agiles come playable. I say that because no two players want a guitar the exact
same way. So every guitar is going to have to be tweaked a little bit before they
work for you. I like my pickups higher than the standard spacing. One of many changes.

Intonation is no big deal..that should be check at regular intervals anyway.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
THIS.

Yep.
Though why are you set on an LP? try every guitar in that range, you might like one better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Pac_man0123
^ That's why you try the guitar before you buy it, something you can't do with an Agile.

Even still, I've never had a problem other than setup and noisy electronics with Agile, but I've had much worse with Epiphone. In my experience, the well made Epiphones aren't any better than the poorly set up Agiles.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
The Epi custom is not as nice as the Agile 3100. The construction is better on the Agile.

Epi custom-$700 + gibby 57 $250 = $950

Agile 3100-$400+ Bare Knuckle set $250=$650

I guarantee That an Agile 3100 with BareKnuckles ****s on an Epi custom with Gibson 57's.

But..if you can come up with $900 just get yourself a Gibson studio and you wont have to do anything to it.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
THIS.

This
Quote by nospacesallowed
Burny. Always and forever.

This. Tokai would be even better.

As far as the options you listed, I would vote for the Epiphone. The Epi standards get a bad name for their build quality, but every Epi Les Paul Custom I have tried was decent. Unlike the epi standards which have maple veneers, Les Paul Customs actually have legit maple caps, so to say that the agile has better wood is just not true at all.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
- Epiphone has the 'real' body shape, better stock hardware.
- Agile is cheaper.

That's all there is to it, buy whichever you can live with.

Either way, don't bother with the '57 Classics. The Epi's pickups are based off the '57 Classics anyway, the actual '57 Classics will be vaguely clearer but it's hardly any difference. Generally, '57 Classics are ****.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.