i'm looking maybe building a guitar with the line 6 variax system in it. i know there is SOMEWHERE you can buy the electronics, but i havent seen it anywhere. ive seen someone do a build before (cant find it though, ugh)

does anyone know where i can get it?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by voteforpedro36
You spelled Michael wrong in your sig. Just sayin'.

i dont know what you're talking about

>_>
<_<

conspiracies!

haha i fixed it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Listen to my band - www.myspace.com/theacidiks
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
Last edited by kingofchilis at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by kingofchilis

phail

i already looked on there, all they have is bodies and necks. no electronics.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Ah, I'm sure they used to sell the electronics, my bad.
Listen to my band - www.myspace.com/theacidiks
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
Quote by kingofchilis
Ah, I'm sure they used to sell the electronics, my bad.

it's all good, i really wish you would prove me wrong though,
im looking at their site right now, it says they sell it, but all they sell is the actual pickguards

i see how you got confused though
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

all the guys i know of who made their own variaxes bought used variax guitars and took the electronics out of them to install in their own creations. you could always ask on the line6 board.
there are no variax guitar internals on the market anywhere. if you go to the line6 forums the developer for the variax2 has a section on there. people are practicly begging for the company to put out a kit of the internals. its a no go . there not going to do that and that came from line6 managment. so patticake is correct. the only way is to buy a used one and transplant it. there is however alot of info on what the next one may have in it. i did one already . working on a new one with clear lucite body. going to put in vax roland and graphtech systems all in one and some texas special pickups as well

if you go over to that forum theres also a new section that was started for people doing transplants.
Last edited by amx05462 at Jul 6, 2009,