I am planning on getting a 360 today, but I have a question. My router is severely different from the picture but has the same basic set up.

Can I plug the Ethernet port to get the Xbox online into ports 1-4?
Yes, you can plug the cord into any Ethernet port, same as any computer.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I'm trying to get it online. But my modem has but one Ethernet port. My router has five ports, one is occupied and the rest look slightly different. Will I be able to put the Xbox's Ethernet cord into any of these slots?
(The occupied one being ethernet)
Last edited by CobainBohnam at Jun 29, 2009,
in a word YES

Plugging into anyone of those ethoernet ports will work just fine, be sure to checl out the xbox live site for how to get it working/trouble shooting its really helpfull with its diagrams and what nots.

But yeah, that should be fine.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by CobainBohnam
That's the thing, I don't know if it is an ethernet port.

Does the ethernet cable fit into it?
Quote by CobainBohnam
I can't unplug now. They're labeled LAN 1-4 and the one occupied is Internet.

Take the cable leading from the router to your computer. Unplug it from the computer and plug it into the Xbox.
Try getting an ethernet port so you can plug one cable from the internet into it and four others from your pc, your xbox and two others things
works just like the computer...you can also access xbox live via your computers connection...I haven't done that though so I'm not entirely sure how that works....but you can try it...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
think if you you plug the ethernet cable in your modem might over-heated and make a eletrical surge that will boil the earths oceans thus killing everyone/
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by thegreenmile
think if you you plug the ethernet cable in your modem might over-heated and make a eletrical surge that will boil the earths oceans thus killing everyone/

Actually yeah you should bear this in mind
Quote by CobainBohnam
I can't unplug now. They're labeled LAN 1-4 and the one occupied is Internet.

Yes, you can plug your 360 into a LAN port, but you have to bridge your Internet and LAN connections.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.