I own a Fender Super Twin and it has 2 EQs (one passive and one active), What I'm wanting is just to make the clean sound a little bit smoother, I don't really know how to explain it other then a smoother tone, I am willing to change tubes but I recently did that so it would only be in the case of diffrent tone value. What do I need to change on the EQ to make my clean sound a little smoother.

----I want a smoother clean sound what do I have to change on my EQ to get it.----

EDIT: The passive EQ has Treble, Mid, Bass
The Active EQ: 2300, 1250, 485, 235, 100
The tubes: 6L6 (6x), 7025 (2x), 12AU7A (1x)
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
Last edited by rorygodowsky at Jun 29, 2009,
alot of midrange? not too much treble?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Adding a compression pedal to the mix often softens the notes.

But it you don't have that adding more bass and slightly cutting the treble and the middle allows the "hi-fi" tones of an amp to naturally come through. Sometimes it's a matter of experimentation as everyones opinions of "smooth" are different.

What tubes and speakers do you have with the Twin?
The tubes are 6L6, 7025, and 12AU7A (got that from the back of the amp)
The speakers are fender made ceramic, they have been in there since I bought the amp.
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
Last edited by rorygodowsky at Jun 29, 2009,
The Preamp tubes could be changed if necessary, although I don't know how well it would actually help your particular problem.

Tubes/valves to look up would be a 5751 in replace of the 7025's. They are supposed to be able to "tame" a Fender amp a little.

The 12AU7A are smooth already.

6L6's make the core of the American Fender tone, so I wouldn't know whether it's a good idea to start changing them unless you are willing to allow the tone to be altered quite a bit?
Maybe 6V6's?

Apologies, I'm not the most experienced with valves.
This amp should have a bright switch, turn this to the off position....Also, I agree with the compressor idea.....and if you want to get really shnazzy....get a chorus such as the mxr stereo chorus and literally turn the rate to almost all the way down, this way you don't get too much of the chorus effect to preserve the integrity of the amps clean channel...but it should smooth things up a bit
Gibson Les Paul
60's reissue strat w/ lace sensor pup's
Schecter HR w/ EMG's and FR
Epiphone Dot

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Blue Angel
1972 Fender Vibrolux Reverb