Made the mistake of changing my 9v battery in my schecter 004 diamond series in the dark, putting the battery in backwards by mistake. Tried playing and nothing comes out of the amp, however when i hook up my distortion pedal (big muff pi) it does play, but not distorted. Checked cables, new battery and still nothing. Any ideas?
Do you mean no sound came out when you had the battery in backwards, or did you put the battery back the right way?
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Put the battery in tried to play and nothing came out. Checked the battery noticed it was in backwards and fixed it
Oh, because I was going to say, if you didnt try putting it in the right way and playing, of course it's not gunna play. So now, I don't know what to tell you, I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure. I mean if you a guitar store near you,escpecially guitar center, I'm sure they can fix it.

Ah, I see you're a new member on UG, welcome to the site!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Last edited by WARNINGnimrod12 at Jun 29, 2009,
perhaps you have damaged the battery connector. those small wires are easily damaged. look for "bad" connections along the signal path, or loose solder joints.
if those things have been checked you'll probably have to take it in to a shop.
it's probably something simple and cheap. good luck!
A well designed piece of electronics should have a thing called a diode in it to prevent damage if a battery is mis=connected but reversing the polarity will blow most transistors if the designer has left this out. Sorry
Quote by grifff
I don't understand how you can put a 9v battery in backwards...you probably shorted something out.

This is what I am trying to sort out as well..I have problems putting them in the right way sometimes, lol.

If you indeed did force it in the wrong way, eeryone's right, you probably either pulled a wire or shorted a circuit. Take it to a shop and get it sorted out.
Quote by anarkee
This is what I am trying to sort out as well..I have problems putting them in the right way sometimes, lol.

If you indeed did force it in the wrong way, eeryone's right, you probably either pulled a wire or shorted a circuit. Take it to a shop and get it sorted out.

If he forced it in the wrong way, is it possible that he actually messed up the little metal connectors? I imagine you would have to bend them out of shape pretty bad to get them to fit like that