Hey guys,

I did a test mix on the Paramore song "Misery Business" but it didn't come out sounding the good. The drums sound alright to me, but the guitars are muddy and not powerful enough. How can I fix this? And how is the mix in general?

Les Paul>AC Booster>Egnater Rebel mic'd with an SM57 on a V30 speaker. Did some post EQ etc. because I felt the original sound was too middy (is that a word)?

Working out of Garageband. Thanks!

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/1439245/Paramore%20Test%203.mp3
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jun 29, 2009,
Add Compression to the guitar tracks. Your plug in chain should be as follows. EQ>Comp. Adding compression to guitars will make them sound bigger and fuller. In general, everything should have compression.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
Add Compression to the guitar tracks. Your plug in chain should be as follows. EQ>Comp. Adding compression to guitars will make them sound bigger and fuller. In general, everything should have compression.

Ok, but compression isn't going to get rid of the muddiness.
Just a random question on the topic of compression, could you apply compression within an audio editor (audacity, garageband etc) to the similar effect as using a compression pedal/guitar fx?

What compression settings (ratios, rolloffs etc) are most common for guitar tracks?

OP, that sounded like a pretty good recording to me, did you just use the default midi drum sounds from garageband, and did you record those yourself or get a midi file from somewhere?
Quote by goony
Just a random question on the topic of compression, could you apply compression within an audio editor (audacity, garageband etc) to the similar effect as using a compression pedal/guitar fx?

What compression settings (ratios, rolloffs etc) are most common for guitar tracks?

OP, that sounded like a pretty good recording to me, did you just use the default midi drum sounds from garageband, and did you record those yourself or get a midi file from somewhere?

Not sure on your first question, but I recorded drums myself.