First of all, welcome to the UG Forums. It's a great community, and you'll make lots of friends here.

Second of all, you're in the wrong place. This area of the forum is dedicated to questions about the site and finding your way around. You'll want this forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050564

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
first song i ever learned was sweet child o mine.... its a challenging song.... but it will greatly improve your skill as it uses multiple techniques...

note: it will take practice but you'll be glad you learned it
Work on simple songs that go hand-in-hand with your learning of the guitar and music theory and all. Just because playing Ten Little Indians and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star isn't fun, it doesn't mean it won't help. That's what I tell everyone to do....

...but they all learn Smoke on the Water, Crazy Train, Iron Man, and the intro to Raining Blood anyway
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Pick songs you like as you will want to learn them and will work harder to get them right than you will twinkle, twinkle, etc...................... Eleanor Rigby was my first tune, you can guess how long ago that was..................I always did like "Red River Valley" though............................

John
First song i learnt to play was "knocking on heavens door".. really simple and you can play around with it also