It's a Peavey Classic 100 series (I think..) 200 watts, 26in x 20in x 9.5in. It's black, and uses two tubes. Could someone maybe tell me the year, or approximate year, it was made?
uh i think your gonna need a serial number for us to tell you how old it is
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
I could get a pic if i knew how to post them on here......

On the back it says 568P,, over a circle that has a U and a L in it. Under that it says listed amplifier. I don't know if that means anything or not.

On the speakers (there are 2) it says:
12820PA
12-3716
137 7525
Peavey

I'm not sure if that helps or not.....
Oh, and the fuse thingy is 200 watts. The speakers are 100 watts combined.
I suppose :P. It was 150 dollars, would that be a rip off or a good deal?
Can you find any codes stamped onto the transformers? That should probably be all you would need to know to find out how old it is.
Does it look like this?

With only the 2 power tubes it's one of the Classic hybrids, unless you can't find the preamp tubes. I bet johnnybryant would know, he's a peavey braintrust.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
mr_hankey: I see a code but i can't quite make it out, and i'm afraid to try to...take it out or something. Because I don't know what that would do.

gregs: yes! exactly like that
late 70s early 80s. great 80s metal amps up to thrash stuff. rock some vh on that pig.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Does it look like this?

With only the 2 power tubes it's one of the Classic hybrids, unless you can't find the preamp tubes. I bet johnnybryant would know, he's a peavey braintrust.

VT Classics, where all made in the late 70 through the mid/late 80's, great amps, very nice tube power section, and even with the preamp being SS the sound very nice, they are a very classic voiced amp. Crank that mother up and she will really start to sing. Sorry I was late, glad you figured out what amp you have, for 150 dollars you could not do any better.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6