I've been playing a good year now with my first guitar, a Washburn beginner guitar (Lyon by Washburn to be exact) and while its been good for a first guitar, I think its about time I move up a notch in equipment.

I'm looking for a guitar that sounds great with distortion cause I would love to play songs from Gallows, Billy Talent, Incubus, MCR but able to still sound good on certain metal songs like Enter Sandman...Stuff like that. Any suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: and if it helps anyone, I am not really into the crazy looking guitars like some metal people have...like Dimebag...I would say I like pretty guitars (like Gibson) and I have small hands so I don't like fat necks.
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

I got soul but I'm not a soldier...
Last edited by direngrey680 at Jun 29, 2009,
price...I'd say no more than 1200...in us dollars

If you want a Gibson, an SG sounds good for you. You might find a used SG Standard for around $1000.
Look into Gibson SGs, Fender Strats/Teles/ Schecter C-1 Classic (or Classic Plus).
I assume you don't want a Floyd or Active Pickups
i would look into a gibson but there necks might be a little big if you have extremely small hands
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Thanks for all the info so far, I like the look of the Schecter so far and its in my price range for sure. :O but I'm still thinking and I'm gonna look up some more information.

The Washburn X50Pro is almost the same spec as the Schecter C1 Classic, so try both if you're interested in it. Ibanez are good for skinny necks too. Whatever you end up going for, make sure you go try a few out before you buy to make sure it feels right.