Page 1 of 2
I know last year it was announced by Gibson that Buckethead was the next guy in line for a signature model (and most deserving). I for one am super excited for this guitar. Usually signature model gibsons just have a different paint jobs with the artist's name on it, with an extra 3,000$ added to a regular les paul... But this has A killswitch (possibly two) a bigger scale length and maybe a 24 fret neck with an ebony fretboad (which I love).

I'm not sure if the body is going to be the average size or his actualy size. All I know is that it's huge, but chambered so it isn't super heavy.

Now depending on which they release, it may look different. He has two "new" models that he uses.

This one has Gold Hardware, Black headstock, black pick ups, two kill switches in a square shape. You can't see the other one because the strap is in the way (it's where the selector used to be).

----------------------------------------------

This is his other New one.

It has A white Headstock, White Pick ups and what looks like arcade buttons as kill switches in the pick up selector area and as a tone knob replacement. Chrome Hardware.

Here's a picture off the main site, but you can't see it good.

You can see the whole guitar in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkZzjZUExk&feature=player_embedded

I hope they release that one.

-------------------------------------------------
Or they might use his older Les Paul, the one with just one kill switch, all white. Even the hardware is white.

Which isn't bad either. I hope it's one of the all white ones.

Not all of his models have 24 frets so the ymight not pull that, and they might keep the standard scale length (hope not). I really think this is cool, he's actually doing something different rather than just putting a name on a regular Les Paul. Plus, the man has released 27 albums as a solo artist, not to mention all the other albums he's participated in.

There is no tolerance for disssing buckethead in here. If you can't take "music" serious because he wears a mask and a bucket on his head than maybe music isn't for you. I thought it was about the music anyway? Either way the man has insane talent. If you don't believe me listen to for mom on the colma album, then listen to Beaten by sledges, then listen to soothsayer. He has emotion, speed, he friggin has it all. He deserves a signature for sure.

I know people think altering a Les Paul is the worst sin on the planet, but I bet there is people who think making a guitar out of a tree is a horrible thing to do to a tree. He just uses it to express himself.

Does anybody know when this is supposed to come out or any other information on it?

EDIT: Good close up on the buttons and detail of the guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjfZcbkCcg&feature=player_embedded

Amazing
Last edited by nan0 at Jun 29, 2009,
he's released more than 27, you're forgetting I.N.S.E.A.R.C.H.O.F.T.H.E.

yeah tho, i think it's supposed to be the one with arcade buttons... any guitar they release in the name of bucket would be sick... i wouldn't buy it (because of the cost) but, it would still be awesome.
I didn't think that Gibson actually announced that it was coming.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Quote by SPBY
no they're making one

Do you guys have a Link?

My Youtube Channel

God. I hope they do. That'd be teh secks.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
TS, I wanted to read your post, but why did you reduce the font size? My eyes are pretty poor, I'd get a headache trying to read that.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
That second guitar is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sexy

Edit: the Stormtrooper volume knob!
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Last edited by you = fail at Jun 29, 2009,
im pretty excited about this..however, knowing gibson..god only knows how expensive that is gonna be. thread is now about guessing cost. my guess is over 7,000
I' d NEVER play a Buckethead signature.

You better have some insane chops..or you'll get a Dasani to the face.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
he's released more than 27, you're forgetting I.N.S.E.A.R.C.H.O.F.T.H.E.

yeah tho, i think it's supposed to be the one with arcade buttons... any guitar they release in the name of bucket would be sick... i wouldn't buy it (because of the cost) but, it would still be awesome.

Classed as more of a 'special release' though really.
It's the middle one on the pics you showed, notice how he also has a plain white bucket. I've heard from numerous people that, that is the one he uses on stage now.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by HIM%(^
im pretty excited about this..however, knowing gibson..god only knows how expensive that is gonna be. thread is now about guessing cost. my guess is over 7,000

yeah, if it wasn't for the pricetag i'd get it. the neck on his is thin (not a baseball bat thank god) and the all white guitar with ebony fretboard and no inlay is sexy as hell... the arcade buttons are cool too.
is that a stormtrooper helmet as a tone knob in the last pic?!

AWESOME
Quote by Geek UK
Classed as more of a 'special release' though really.

yes, but it was still done solo. <-- win
Quote by HIM%(^

Over 9,000!!!

Seriously though I do hope they make one, I'd buy it. I would sell everything I own to pay for it.

My Youtube Channel

Quote by Prophet of Page
TS, I wanted to read your post, but why did you reduce the font size? My eyes are pretty poor, I'd get a headache trying to read that.

I agree.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
I agree.

you can change the how big fonts appear on a pc, i think it might be under view, then text size.
Quote by SPBY
you can change the how big fonts appear on a pc, i think it might be under view, then text size.

But that makes everything else unfashionably massive.
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
But that makes everything else unfashionably massive.

change it, read it, change it back
I changed the text to normal.

I hope it's the new all white one, he recently used his black headstock one in some of the recent photos I've seen. I'm going to start saving money, I might have to take out a loan. I'm serious, how many chances do you have to get this guitar. I love this guy. Love doesn't have to involve sexual attractivness lol.
Actually, a Bucket sig would be a great guitar. I hope the signature is the same size as Buckethead's.
Last edited by MicahChaney at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by MicahChaney
Actually, a Bucket sig would be a great guitar. I hope the signature is the same size as Buckethead's.

Yeah, aren't his bigger all the way around? Longer necks, bigger bodies.
i was going to build a replica of his guitar this summer, i never got around to it.

glad to see they'll finally be making this sweet guitar,
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
what kind of switches are those big red ones on the new guitar? looks really easy to depress, he barely touches the switch on any of the videos to make it kill the sound.

switches like his old one make your hand ****ing tired.

edit- why the **** did i double post? sorry guys, dont kill me
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I'm loving the all white 1!!! Me wants.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Can someone tell me why would you ever need 2 killswitches?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh

Twice the awesome level.

My Youtube Channel

Quote by Sir Anonymous

Yeah, his are like that. I like guitars with huge necks and stuff so it'd suit me fine
Quote by Sir Anonymous

yeah his guitars are really big and the neck has 27 frets... the man's got gigantic hands
Quote by conor1148
what kind of switches are those big red ones on the new guitar? looks really easy to depress, he barely touches the switch on any of the videos to make it kill the sound.

switches like his old one make your hand ****ing tired.

edit- why the **** did i double post? sorry guys, dont kill me

If you read right next to it, you would of seen that they're arcade buttons, and he never really used switches. He used buttons that didn't stay off if you let go. Like it's only off as he holds his finger there if he releases the sound comes back.

Quote by fantasyh

In one video, the one by the tone knobs has a Out of phase/coil tap like effect which I thought was cool. Although it's possible that he was using a pedal which is the most likely thing.

I think having the button where the pick up selector used to be is more comfortable because you can rest your arm on the body instead of holding it in the front.
Quote by nan0
If you read right next to it, you would of seen that they're arcade buttons, and he never really used switches. He used buttons that didn't stay off if you let go. Like it's only off as he holds his finger there if he releases the sound comes back.

i may be almost blind, but i'm not stupid, that's called a momentary switch.

anyways, i need arcade buttons now.

also, those "buttons" are still switches, proper terminology says they're switches still.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Last edited by conor1148 at Jun 29, 2009,
My bet is the second one (white, red arcade button) being the sig. I really do not remember where I heard, or if it is even legit, but I am almost certain someone said that was the one which will be the sig.

Also, why 2 killswitches?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Double finger killswitch action, duh. It's kind of like using two fingers to alt-pick when playing bass. You could get some awesome tremolo effects going.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Eh, doesn't look that interesting to me. I do love the stormtrooper helmet knob on that one though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by just17n8
is that a stormtrooper helmet as a tone knob in the last pic?!

AWESOME

Holy Crap. For this and this only do I applaud Buckethead
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by Sir Anonymous

Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Anyways, I'd seriously buy this if I had the money.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Page 1 of 2