I was having a fun day, F***** around on my Ibby. I decide, hey, we're having fun! Divebomb! Pull-up! *SNAP*

What could that be? None other than my D-string...

This makes me sad...What can i do, to fix it myself? I've tried simply pushing back into position, but when i pull up again, it goes back into that horrid position.

Thanks for your help guys!
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
what. the. f***. how the hell did THAT happen????????????

idk if you can fix that, youll probably need a new saddle, i think youve actually snapped the screw that holds it in place....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
the tail broke off the end of the saddle? the only thing you can do would be to get a new one then
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by KingJustinian25
I want to hear the dive bombs you were doing.

Helpful post.
Is not helpful.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
Helpful post.
Is not helpful.

Well my guitar is very similar so it is helpful in letting me know how far I can do mine
Man, that sucks. My best advice to you is to start taking it apart, find the part that is broken, and attempt to order the peice you need off of ebay.

Ebay always has lots of edgepro, and floyd rose parts up for auction. Only other advice I'd offer is to take it to a local guitar repair shop. Not guitar center - they dont do work on insturments, but they could surely direct you to somebody locally that can.

Edit : If you plan on just buying a whole new tromelo , you could probably get away with gorilla gluing this screw back together, but it would be very risky, and most likely very frustrating.
Last edited by Vypor at Jun 29, 2009,
I'd go locally, but the only guy that does it locally would be extremely overpriced. and the only fairly inexpensive place to go owould be about 2 hours away. Ebay is out of the question. No credit card, or paypal, etc.
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
i'd say just rebuild it completely, it may just be a fitment problem.

otherwise, it's time for a ibby prestige for you!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by KingJustinian25
Well my guitar is very similar so it is helpful in letting me know how far I can do mine

dude thats so epic. its like human sacrifice for the sake of getting better at guitar.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
You might wanna call the overpriced guy and talk to him about it. Somtimes they'll give you thier advice for free, or at least take it to have him look at it, give you some options.

Other than that, your kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Quote by conor1148
i'd say just rebuild it completely, it may just be a fitment problem.

otherwise, it's time for a ibby prestige for you!

Yeah, haha or at least something with a ZR. I love those things ^^
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
If you have money for it, buy an OFR or a Gotoh FR (gotoh is usually cheaper and is a bit better, but some don't like it as much). As far as I'm aware it's a drop in with the Gotoh.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by IbanezRGS
Yeah, haha or at least something with a ZR. I love those things ^^

YES!

that zero point system thing is sweet too
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
ZR trem ftmfw. I hate floating trems and that thing's a super boner.
------

Shwiggity.
the ZR still uses the same cheap metal. You can still break a ZR but its usually the ball bearing end that dies.

anyway http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm

the price is around 300 officially(and their not in stock, you can find them on ebay for 100-150. Which means its often better to get a new guitar and get a warranty on it if its a Edge III based. Or replace it with an ebay one and pray it doesnt break again anytime soon

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Edge-III-3-tremolo-replacement-NEW-Cosmo-Powder_W0QQitemZ180368816313QQcategoryZ41407QQcmdZViewItem

Just note, a simple OFR swap is not always possible. In fact on some edge III guitars you can do a swap with either OFR or other edge options (pro, lopro, trs) But it seems random. I've come across serveral RG's where the routing was different on the same model.

theres a good thread at jemsite.com but I wont post a link since I believe its forbidden.

Just google edge 3 replacement tremolo
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
^Yes, but due to the fact that it has bearings instead of knife edges it doesn't die anywhere near as fast. Also, why swap with a Lo TRS? It's just as bad.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 30, 2009,
When you put it back into position, did you tighten the saddle lock screw at the front of the saddle or just leave it?
It doesnt look like anything is actually broken, I think may have just popped out again because the saddle was loose.
Quote by littlephil
When you put it back into position, did you tighten the saddle lock screw at the front of the saddle or just leave it?
It doesnt look like anything is actually broken, I think may have just popped out again because the saddle was loose.

Exactly what I was thinking. If its not tight enough when you pull up it will make a ping sound as it slides forward and that string will go flat and the intonation will go way off on only that string.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 30, 2009,
I agree with the other posters that said the saddle screw isn't tight and the whole saddle slid forward.
I... don't see anything broken?

Just put it back where it used to be and tighten the screw.
Be sure to check the intonation while you're at it.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Edge IIIs in my opinion are utter garbage. I had an RG with one on and after 3 months was useless. I suggest doing as someone already suggested and getting an OFR or a gotoh. It should fit directly into the route. Costs a bit but worth it if you like the guitar.
Quote by Tempoe
Exactly what I was thinking. If its not tight enough when you pull up it will make a ping sound as it slides forward and that string will go flat and the intonation will go way off on only that string.

Hehe ya now thats funny all the post's pointed to you broke it. same thing happened to mine when i went to a bigger string... did a couple of dive's on it and poped 2 of them out.. Took loosened teh string and took it out of the sadle put it back into place and tightened... They will come loose over time from vibration.. I always check mine now when putting new strings on.
Quote by Salvo 2009
Hehe ya now thats funny all the post's pointed to you broke it. same thing happened to mine when i went to a bigger string... did a couple of dive's on it and poped 2 of them out.. Took loosened teh string and took it out of the sadle put it back into place and tightened... They will come loose over time from vibration.. I always check mine now when putting new strings on.

Okay, thanks guys! Tightened it and it worked, Now just have to give myself some free time to set up the entire trem again.

~John
CALL ME JOHN

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong