Hi, I have a problem with my amp. It works perfectly fine when I'm just playing it without my pedalboard (disconnected from it completely, just amp ---> guitar), but when I plug into it (amp ---> pedalboard ---> guitar), the sound is drastically quieter.

All my pedals are powered, except two which are out of battery.

I think there is a promblem with the wiring of the pedalboard, however I don't know how to fix it. Here are my pedals:

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Digitech Whammy IV
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Nano
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix #1 Echo
Danelectro FAB Chorus
Zvex Fuzz Factory

How should I wire my pedal board in order to get it working right? Thanks for the help.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Are all of your pedals getting enough mA? If your pedals use more power then is supplied by your power supply, you'll get a quieter or even non-existant sound. Check the batteries as well.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by theacousticpunk
Are all of your pedals getting enough mA? If your pedals use more power then is supplied by your power supply, you'll get a quieter or even non-existant sound. Check the batteries as well.

All of them are set up with adapters, except 2 that have dead batterys.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
The more pedals you put in a chain, the weaker the signal ultimately gets. You might need a booster pedal somewhere in the middle. Or maybe the two dead-battery pedals are just killing your signal entirely.
Which ones are out of battery? Anyways, you've got enough pedals where volume and treble loss will start to become a problem so try getting a buffer.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Which ones are out of battery? Anyways, you've got enough pedals where volume and treble loss will start to become a problem so try getting a buffer.

The EH Q-Tron and the EH Small Stone are both out.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
yeah try getting a buffer or a booster, also, like the guy above said, maybe your adapter isn't powerful enough for all your pedals, if this is the issue then you will have to buy an power supply with higher mA rating like the mxr DC brick of the voodoo lab pedal power
Tonally it matters what order you do your pedals (a whole other topic, which is argued to no end). Electronically, as far as current draw goes, no.

I'm not sure of your power supply, but let's say you're using a DC Brick. With all the pedals running in parallel, the total amount of current being drawn has to be less than the maximum output of the power supply (1000mAh for a DC Brick if I'm not mistaken).

Most pedals, like any other electronic device, will list its amperage. So you add up all your pedals' current draws and say you get 1200mAh - the 200mAh overage will cause your signal to drop. But it should also cause pedals not to turn on...

Think of a brown out: Your pedalboard is your neighborhood, and there are just too many houses drawing power from the grid; so the power goes out. Exactly the same.

But. The first thing I'd try is taking out the two dead battery pedals, and seeing what happens. Or a trip to your local CVS for some 9V batteries. Given the information, I bet your dead pedals are killing you.