im looking to purchase a bass with naturally thick low-end, i played the rickenbacker's & they are great but way too pricey, i playyed a fender P-bass & loved it but want something where its easier for me to play past the 12th fret, any ideas??
How did you struggle playing the p bass past the 12th fret?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
How did you struggle playing the p bass past the 12th fret?

P Necks do get pretty fat.

And you really thought the rick had nice lows? Usually ricks are known for razor sharp highs, not lows

Fernandes is a good brand to check out. Fender as always, but you probably already knew them
hard to play alil past the 12th fret cuz the neck gets fat & also the body stops my hand from moving as i try to play lower, i have to put a big angle on my wrist to hit the notes
learn to fret properly.

far more productive.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by SiReZ
hard to play alil past the 12th fret cuz the neck gets fat & also the body stops my hand from moving as i try to play lower, i have to put a big angle on my wrist to hit the notes

If you're playing standing up, raising the strap will definitely help.
Hi.
my squier active jazz v has really nice lows when EQed right. try the squier telebass too, theres some nice low end thump there too. and dont knock these basses because they say squier, they are really nice quality.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Tc I own a Ric 4003 and a Squier P bass and I personally find the P neck more comfortable (the ric does of course, win in every other way). Are you sure you're fretting right?

As for the thread question, although they are pretty unpopular on this forum I would recommend at least trying an epiphone thunderbird, as defying all logic, there are people out there who like them alot. Other basses with solid low end would be; any fender P or Tele bass, most basses with humbuckers and anything made of a dense heavy wood (look up tonewoods).

To be honest though, if you have a good amp and if possible a large speaker, you should be able to EQ the low end in pretty easily regardless of your instrument.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.