Wonder what could be inside

Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
Rofl Pure Win
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
sorry, I couldn't resist

I'll have to admit, until I played this one, I was never a fender fan, but this beauty converted me rather quickly. The best part was my local guitar store was selling it for $1400 brand new instead of the $2300 it costs on musician's friend. She is by far the best guitar I've ever played and hopefully will appease my GAS... at least for now.
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich

Oh yeah

I just say it was an EJ sig.

I need to change my pants
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Jun 29, 2009,
Thats a beautiful guitar! HNGD!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I love that finish. Beautiful. HNGD
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Ippon in ur neck plates, playin ur guitarz!

Sexy strat, happy NGDD

That's Kokopelli.

Happy new guitar day!
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Happy new gear day. I thought you were serious, and I was gonna report your ass, which I rarely do. But you made up for it 10fold. Can we hear clips?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Woah, 1400???
I'd kill for an EJ Strat at 1400...
How's it sound?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
It sounds very nice, I would post clips, but I'd have to do it through my crappy laptop mic, which really wouldn't be worth it. The guy at the music store said he wouldn't open any of the case candy and I should keep the hang tags as well. Is that good advice? I'd kind of like to use the trem... Also does anyone have any advice for taking care of the nitro finish? Thanks

*Edit*
She handles distortion a lot better than I would have thought, with just a bit of hum. That being said, played clean with a touch of reverb makes me cream my pants every time.
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
Last edited by saito816 at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by saito816
It sounds very nice, I would post clips, but I'd have to do it through my crappy laptop mic, which really wouldn't be worth it. The guy at the music store said he wouldn't open any of the case candy and I should keep the hang tags as well. Is that good advice? I'd kind of like to use the trem... Also does anyone have any advice for taking care of the nitro finish? Thanks

Naptha and believe it or not some people use Meguiar's car wax.

p.s. I love the strat.
Quote by saito816
m... Also does anyone have any advice for taking care of the nitro finish? Thanks
The Gibson Cleaning Kit, available everywhere, is perfect for Nitro, since Nitro is standard for Gibson guitars. I've used it forever on my Fender Highway One Strat and Tele, too.

Does anyone have any thought's about keeping the case candy sealed though?
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
^Sorry, none.

But that is one amazing deal, and guitar, HNGD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Hahaha when I first saw the guitar hero guitar i said wtf fender make les pauls and 1 second later i realised haha
nice guitar, really cool. congrats

don't leave it leaning on rubber / padded stand, unless you've got a guitar cloth protecting the finish.

and it's set up like a mexican strat. probably a little hard to use the trem.
not a big deal, just saying.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sweet guitar man, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
i have the same colour and everything in A MIM and i love it.

HNGD
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
It plays really, really well. The only two downsides are that the high e string is a bit close to the edge of the fretboard, so it kind of makes tapping a bit more of challenge, and also the neck is a kind of sticky; however that is wearing off. Aside from that it plays like a dream.
On a side note, in what way is the trem set up like a mim?
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
Last edited by saito816 at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by saito816
It plays really, really well. The only two downsides are that the high e string is a bit close to the edge of the fretboard, so it kind of makes tapping a bit more of challenge, and also the neck is a kind of sticky; however that is wearing off. Aside from that it plays like a dream.
On a side note, in what way is the trem set up like a mim?

That's great to hear, I have my shredder guitars as it is and I rarely tap when I'm playing my bluesy rock stuff which I use my strats for anyway.
And I think by set up like an MIM she means that the bridge is flat against the body rather than slightly floating, though this is Eric Johnson's spec over the MIM set-up for this model.
Bridge should be flat against the body and not floating, that's the best way

Beautiful guitar by the way! At first I thought you got the American Vintage '57 model which is my all time favourite, I muttered the words lucky c*nt but its ok, its only an EJ Strat
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
^ Actually, the guitar store had one of those too for $100 more than the EJ I think he was just getting tired of his high end fenders not selling.
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
HAha ^

yeah, i mean usually with an american strat you can get away with balancing the bridge with 3 springs and a slight lift.

but you know, what ever floats your boat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Pac_man0123
Refer to Ippon's avatar and you'll see what i was talking about

I know your reference, I've had several discussions with Ippon. The symbol is a representation of Kokopelli, deity of fertility in the south seas, usually represented as a flute player.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.