please tell me your thoughts on this amp

i play iron Maiden, Megadeth type stuff. also i love 80's thrash and 80's metal.

would this amp be good for me?

also if you think any Marshall tube amp head is better, let me know
I'm not experienced with Carvin unfortunately - they are exceptionally hard to find in Europe - but they are supposedly excellent amps and sound very nice from the clips.
In my experience with the V3, it will easily do all the genres that you listed. If you want to spend a little less money i would look for a used Carvin X100B, and then get a good transparent overdrive, and you will be into extreme metal territory.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by chris55watt
please tell me your thoughts on this amp

i play iron Maiden, Megadeth type stuff. also i love 80's thrash and 80's metal.

would this amp be good for me?

also if you think any Marshall tube amp head is better, let me know

I have a v3 its a very versatile amp and one of the best value pieces of gear you can get, but for 80s metal you are better with a marshall style amp (but get orange, blackstar, blackheart or crate palamino etc they are better alternatives)
Last edited by Belly8 at Jun 29, 2009,
the v3 coomes stock with el34 but is americam voiced. With a tube upgrade and the right settings i beleive you can get anything from this amp

I use eurotubes 6l6 for death metal and shred
my bud has one and its a pretty nice amp, its a little on the fuzzy side so i suggest getting an eq pedal. All in all great amps for the money
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Stop making so many threads

The V3s are alright, too fizzy and muddy for my tastes. The 6100 would be a much better choice
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
what else am i supposed to make, why do you care that i make son many threads, nobody should care at all.

all you guys get pissed when someone does one little thing wrong. POS!!
Quote by chris55watt
what else am i supposed to make, why do you care that i make son many threads, nobody should care at all.

all you guys get pissed when someone does one little thing wrong. POS!!

Because you keep making multiple threads asking the same exact question that's already been answered. It's against the forum rules, because it gets annoying. If you have a question, post it in the same thread instead of making another one just to change your question slightly and get the same answers.

No one can tell you what you're going to like the best, only steer you toward something they think would be better, or they liked better. In the end, it's your decision and you need to play the amps to decide.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Because you keep making multiple threads asking the same exact question that's already been answered. It's against the forum rules, because it gets annoying. If you have a question, post it in the same thread instead of making another one just to change your question slightly and get the same answers.

No one can tell you what you're going to like the best, only steer you toward something they think would be better, or they liked better. In the end, it's your decision and you need to play the amps to decide.

+1
WTLTL 2011
Quote by MatrixClaw
Stop making so many threads

The V3s are alright, too fizzy and muddy for my tastes. The 6100 would be a much better choice

Scooped?
Nope, no sig here.
You probably used the master control knob wrong. Some people dont realize that the master control for the mid actually controlls the SCOOP of the mids. So if you turn it up, you are actually lowering the mids. So the master mid has to be lower for higher mids.