Page 1 of 2
I just graduated high school a few weeks ago and we already did our family vacation (jamaica ****ing rocks) and now im stuck here in the reality of ****.

My gpa wasnt good enough to get into a 4 year college so that basically just leaves tech colleges. But i desparately need to get out on my own for many reasons. I was gonna save up for an apartment but i got a buncha tickets that i have to pay so now all my money is going to that.

So yeah im basically stuck at home in a cloud of depression for at least another year.

who else is screwed?
Go to community college -> Get better grades -> Transfer to a four-year college

Good luck!
i lost 14,000 dollars in athletic scholerships, but i got into another school. So i was screwed for a little bit but now im straight
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Join the military.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Nope. Life is pretty good right now.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by tall saint

Good luck!

This is what Im doing
i've been in your position for 2 years now out of high school. its really ****ed. the only place that will hire is fast food or worse, and i have nothing that looks remotely appealing in the way of crappy colleges
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by TempoTantrum
i've been in your position for 2 years now out of high school. its really ****ed. the only place that will hire is fast food or worse, and i have nothing that looks remotely appealing in the way of crappy colleges

Two words: Man the **** up.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
yeah, I have no idea how Im gonna make tuition payments this fall...Im "rich" enough to not qualify for student aid or subsidized loans, but Im too poor for my family to support my brother and I (and soon my sister) to go to college.
I got into a four year college with a 2.6. You must have done pretty bad.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Quote by i love alanis
I just graduated high school a few weeks ago and we already did our family vacation (jamaica ****ing rocks) and now im stuck here in the reality of ****.

My gpa wasnt good enough to get into a 4 year college so that basically just leaves tech colleges. But i desparately need to get out on my own for many reasons. I was gonna save up for an apartment but i got a buncha tickets that i have to pay so now all my money is going to that.

So yeah im basically stuck at home in a cloud of depression for at least another year.

who else is screwed?

Welcome to the real world. Get a job you big pussy.

Quote by TempoTantrum

God forbid anyone have a crappy job. Stick to the plan = money. Do your work, shut the **** up. How hard could it be saving money while you live with your parents ffs.
Last edited by chiliwillifreak at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by aetherspear
Two words: Man the **** up.

thats 4 words but thanks
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I graduated last summer. I went to trade school and now I'm living far far away from my family. I love it.
Quote by Slut
Nobody likes you and your opinion on life does not matter. Also your sister is pregnant with my child.
Get a job, move out, go to a junior college. Stop being an idiot. Do you really think you're the only person in the country who didn't get into a 4-year? And honestly, you should have known this was coming for at LEAST a couple months. If your GPA was seriously low enough that you didn't get into a SINGLE school, then you've been ****ed for some time now. I think you're just not very smart.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by tall saint

Good luck!

This
i just graduated. im fucked.

i have no idea of what i want to do, im stuck at home for at least 2 more years. but im fine with it. im just gonna go with it and see what happens, it can only get better.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by esp1234
This is what Im doing

Me too. I graduated out of high school with around a 2.7, which is pretty terrible. I'm going to start my 3rd semester of community college in late august, and so far I have about a 3.7-3.8 GPA.

My brother and cousin both took this route as well. They attended community college for 2 years and then transferred to a UC. My cousin ended up going to UCLA for engineering, and my brother went to UC Berkeley for liberal arts (going to be an english major and then go to law school). I want to study business and my dream college is cal poly, and at this rate, I should definitely be able to get in. I'll probably be able to get into more prestigious UCs as well, but I think I'll stick with cal poly

Thank god for community colleges. They're like your second, but final, chance to attend a good college/university. TS, this is an excellent route to take and you should definitely consider it. Just remember that you aren't in high school anymore; get serious about your education and get ready to work and study hard.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
I've been at home for over a year now because I graduated last year and yes it gets boring as hell. You find things to do. I've improved as a musician but I still can't find a band.

Look at it this way. Your not really ****ed because your done high school. That's a plus.

But ya try for a job and get a really great hobby. Also, screw higher education (IMO).
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
you play guitar, no? get a gig like the fucking rest of us.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by ChurchNSkate
Get a job, move out, go to a junior college. Stop being an idiot. Do you really think you're the only person in the country who didn't get into a 4-year? And honestly, you should have known this was coming for at LEAST a couple months. If your GPA was seriously low enough that you didn't get into a SINGLE school, then you've been ****ed for some time now. I think you're just not very smart.

ehhh i know its cliche but i just didnt try very hard in high school, and i moved around alot. I did real well on my SATs though.

And well me and a buddy were gonna work all summer and get a place and go go tech school together but we both got trespassing and MIP tickets and now have 1500$ worth of tickets to pay and thats like all summers worth of working.

So i had a plan it just got screwed over.
Quote by hocusfocus
yeah, I have no idea how Im gonna make tuition payments this fall...Im "rich" enough to not qualify for student aid or subsidized loans, but Im too poor for my family to support my brother and I (and soon my sister) to go to college.

I'm in the same boat as you dude. The solution I came to was to attend a government-funded (or whatever, something like that) community college and transfer. That opens you up to extra discounts and scholarships, at least in Kentucky. Then do the whole work/study thing and all that jazz.

Quote by Ash on fires
I got into a four year college with a 2.6. You must have done pretty bad.

I've been denied before with a 3.7. Sh*t happens.
I just quit college after my first year. I am now spending all of my time with my band and working to save up for the studio I plan to build. I plan on being a rockstar...
Just graduated high school. Got into the university I wanted to go to. Ready to live happily ever after. Had a good laugh at the people who skipped class and slept through lectures and ended up much like yourself.
I wouldn't call myself f-ed, but I need to decide what I want to do and fast.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by AlterEdge
I've been at home for over a year now because I graduated last year and yes it gets boring as hell. You find things to do. I've improved as a musician but I still can't find a band.

Look at it this way. Your not really ****ed because your done high school. That's a plus.

But ya try for a job and get a really great hobby. Also, screw higher education (IMO).

From the sound of it, you're not the first person I'd take advice from regarding my future.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Can't say I'm ****ed. I had a good GPA (wish it was a bit better) and am heading to university in the fall. I'm trying a fairly advanced pre-med program... I hope I do well in it.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
you should've tried giving a **** in high school

quit crying to us you idiot
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
I'm in a worst position!

I graduated 4 years ago, tried to do a 5 year university degree (no collegue on my country) and after 4 years I decided this is not the shlt i want to do all my life, so I have just quit my career, and probably going to work next semester...

Ahh and obviosly on those 4 years, i had passed arround just the first two in total, so i still had 3 years more to finish. I'm gonna get 22, and I'm still living on my parents house, without nothing more than some years of studied business, and with NO F.UCKING CLUE, on what to do next. I'm on a bigger depresion i think.
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by tall saint

Good luck!

This EXACTLY what I'm about to start doing.
TS, I'm in the exact same position as you(minus the tickets). The tech school I went to was all hype so I moved back. Go to CC, get good grades, colleges will only look at your CC grades and transfer.
Shouldnt've slacked off in high school.

I'm just kind of scratching my head at fact that the 02ers-05ers pop up whenever these threads pop up. Its like they detected that their life experiences are needed.

But seriously, go to a community college and get those grades up.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

lol sucks for you I'm having a great life after high school: still living at home, getting full time hours finally at work, been hanging out at bars playing pool, going part time to college in the fall, and mayhem fest in a couple of weeks. I guess the only thing that sucks is not having a car or license.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I was in your position. Just go to the tech college. It's really not bad at all, and you can talk with your guidance counselor about where you'd like to go and what you'd like to study and they'll sign you up for classes that will help with your major when you transfer.

It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.
CC is definitely the way to go. Who knows, you might do fairly well and be able to transfer to a pretty respectable school.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Page 1 of 2