I have a DXMG Dinky and a Vox Valvetronix XL 30W. I want more distortion so I can have heavier distortion for squeelies and such. Not looking for something that will make my guitar sound like gravel but good metal tone. Any suggestions? I don't want to have to buy a higher end amp at the moment because of money so preferablly pedals that would help. Thanks.
Distortion Pedal + Modeling amp =

just stick with your amp.............. and what is wrong about it?? its good for metal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well I like the amp. It has good sound. I just want to make the pinch harmonics squeel more. Any suggestions on making the distortion as heavy as possible on that amp? Like any setting suggestions?
The one I've tried had plenty of gain for "squeelies" as you call them. Are you sure it isn't your technique?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The one I've tried had plenty of gain for "squeelies" as you call them. Are you sure it isn't your technique?

+1
Pinch Harmonics is all about technique and Thicker strings also helps.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I believe its not my technique. On my friends Peavey I can make them squeel just fine. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Does the power output have any effect on the tone?
I can never get pinch harmonics to work well on those amps. I don't know why. They just kind of sound terrible and die quickly.
Quote by D&DLover
I can never get pinch harmonics to work well on those amps. I don't know why. They just kind of sound terrible and die quickly.

Yeah thats one of my problems. I can get longer and better sounding ones on different amps.
EQ dude, try to kick up the treble. Changing your pickups might also help. Try brighter pickups, or ones with more output. Hope that helps.
Use an OD as boost. Make's my AD30VT's UK 80's Channel scream.
Gear:
Epiphone Vintage G-400
Agile AL-2000
Amp:
Peavey Valveking 112
Pedals:
Digitech RP50
Morley Bad Horsie
Deltalab TD-1 Tube Driver
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
Thanks for all the help. My DXMG Dinky has EMG Hz Passive Pick ups. I heard EMG 85s are good. Any suggestions?
I don't think it's really worth changing the pickups on a modelling amp.
Boost the treble and mids a bit. Part of it might be technique too.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20