Ok, so hopefully, third try is a charm with my craigslist ad. I'm trading my Agile Ghost 7 string for a different guitar because I just decided I'm not much of a 7 string guy, and am after another super strat, or a strat instead. After not having much luck with the first week and a half - 2 weeks of posting or so, suddenly offers have come flying in! Now I'm a bit confused as to what exactly to go for, but these are some of the standout guitars that have been offered to me so far.

- Ibanez RGT42 (probably not the exact model, but one of the nicer ones)
- Washburn N2 (The guy offering this actually has a shop, which means probably other guitars to check out too)
- Jackson Soloist? HSS (Not sure if it's the real deal or a Dinky, waiting for more info from the seller)

There was also an HSH MIJ Strat some guy was selling on CL, but do not know if he still has it, and want to be open with my options, as he's only looking for cash (The specs made it very tempting though)

Between those, what would be best to go for? I am after either an HH or HSH pickup configuration, floyd rose or similar style locking trem bridge, and am not horribly picky about tonewood or neck joint type. I already have a Jackson DK2M with an alder body and maple fretboard, so a bit of variety might be good in that area though. After deciding on another axe, one is gonna be a straight up metal/shred machine, and the other a slightly tamer shred machine w/versatility (coil tapping, no ceramic magnet pups).

All help appreciated!

P.S: If you have other recommendations, nothing with active pickups in it please
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Yeah, I'm probably just gonna have to go check stuff out for myself, like usual in these situations, but I'm leaning more towards the RG or the N2, unless the Jackson is a higher end one. I do love my DK2m, but I'm looking for something a bit better if I get another Jackson.

I heard the N2 has a Bill Lawrence XL500 stock, and a good upper fret access cutaway, so that should be interesting.
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

yeah, the N2's look great i think. and out of those choices it's definitely the most unique. RG's are everywhere, and i hate to say it but all jacksons look alike to me
The N2 is not bad, but I think the the RG is a better choice. What are the specs for the strat and Jackson? And what style do you play?
Well, I just found out the Jackson I was being offered was a P2, which wouldn't really be much of an upgrade from the DK2M I have (similar specs, but HSS, and lower quality pickups), so I'm probably gonna decline that one.

The MIJ Strat I mentioned had a Schaller Floyd Rose, DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton humbuckers, (with coil tapping) and a stock single coil in the middle position. Rosewood fretboard, basswood body I believe (Yeah, they're usually Alder, I guess some of the MIJ ones were basswood). Problem is, I don't know if it's still available, and I don't have enough cash alone to allocate into it at this time if it is. He also wasn't interested in trading.

Anywho, after finding out more about the Jackson, that narrows down my options a bit.

And my style is mainly metal. Everything from the classics like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and other 80's stuff, to Melodic death/power metal, like Children of Bodom, In Flames, DT, Kalmah, etc. Throw in a bit of metalcore here and there as well. I do love/play other music as well, but most of it still uses some type of distortion. Coil tapping would probably allow me to play everything else I like, if not just using a different guitar altogether (partly why the strat caught my interest before).

If it helps at all, I play through a Mesa Boogie F-50 head into a custom built 2x12 cab, tightened up with an MXR GT-OD. I prefer passive pickups as well.
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

The Strat seems like the best option. It's specs are great, and it seems very versatile. I would get that with no hesitation. Plus, Strat necks are amazing to play on. Go for it!
Haha, but that's just it. I can't trade my Agile for the strat, so I want some "plan B" options to consider.

I'm open to other options simply because of this. If I were to go with something like that strat, I'd simply make that my versatile axe, and soup up my Jackson, but if not, and I ended up getting an RG or something, I'd probably leave the Jackson alone, or try a TZ/AN combo in it.
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

Well, tried some stuff out, got a hold of people, and it looks like I'm gonna be going for that strat after all. Looking to work a partial trade/cash deal with a guy for the Agile that'll land me enough cash to cover the difference for the strat myself. I guess I just decided that after playing on one again at GC, I had to have a strat!

Not to mention, after jamming out on an Ibanez RG for a few min, I'm already almost thinking about selling/trading my DK2M now. And it wasn't even one of the high end RG's.

Looks like a flood of new gear is coming in if all goes according to plan!
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60