I have a marshall tsl 100, jcm 2000 and i think it needs new tubes. some of the signs ive noticed is that it randomly makes loud pop noises, resembling the sound if you were to unplug the cord from your guitar when the amp is on and you band it against metal. also some of the tubes were glowing a bright red. how do i know if i need to replace certain tubes or all of them. also, does this mean i have to replace the smaller tubes as well as the power tubes? thank you
mkay, you're tubes are ment to glow.

If one tube goes, you usualy need to replace the set as once tubes are worn in they're very difficult to match.

as for the popping sound, when does it happen?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by RHCP41ife
I have a marshall tsl 100, jcm 2000 and i think it needs new tubes. some of the signs ive noticed is that it randomly makes loud pop noises, resembling the sound if you were to unplug the cord from your guitar when the amp is on and you band it against metal. also some of the tubes were glowing a bright red. how do i know if i need to replace certain tubes or all of them. also, does this mean i have to replace the smaller tubes as well as the power tubes? thank you

right, i know when my amp is on and if i turn the fan off / lights then a slight pop is heard, quite loud with the fan though. So maybe something to do with the electrics? Unless my house is just really unsafe

i have the tsl 60
well, it's not supposed to make noises (i own a tsl60 too). if you don't know what shape your tubes are in, i'd just get a full retube. as a plus, mid-power 50-60 watt heads don't cost as much to retube
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by R.D
mkay, you're tubes are ment to glow.

If one tube goes, you usualy need to replace the set as once tubes are worn in they're very difficult to match.

as for the popping sound, when does it happen?

well a couple mins into playing it makes this noise that sounds like paper being rubbed against a phone and then it makes a bunch of popping. i looked on the back of the head and saw that the two tubes on the right were glowing orange everywhere inside the tube, not just in the middle. maybe this just means that the two write tubes are biased hotter than the left.

when i get the new tubes im also gonna need to bias it. i have a voltage meter but which do i set it to, DC or AC?

tahnks