Page 1 of 3
OK so I'm gonna say 2.

Ok so i was talking to one of my friends who thinks he so good at guitar and is all showoffy and stuff so he make excuses for himself and stuff.

So just to see what he says i say:

Me: Hey what you think is better for guitar long or short fingers (knowing long is better and he has short i wanted to see what he says)
Him: Well long fingers better for sweeping but short is better for shredding.

Next one:

I went to that same kids guitar lesson. His teacher has guitar hero out. He said "You should buy this game and play the songs you are trying to learn on the game. It helps."

What have you guys heard?
"I have no use for pinch harmonics or sweep picking, so I don't really use them, so I can't really teach you,"

- My guitar teacher.

The playground of the world
i don't know if this fits what you are asking...

but I really hate it (especially on forums or youtube comments) when someone says a certain band is this genre, and next thing you know there are 5 comments on it, and the people sound like they are ready to shoot someone because I called opeth melodic metal when they are in fact death metal. who really cares?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
"Do you want me to show you how to whammy without a whammy bar?"
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Well, I put up an ad on CL for musicians stating ABSOLUTELY NO GUITARISTS NEEDED!!! but of course I get like 30 replies asking me if I need a guitarist and 0 replies for everyone else. We guitarists are ****in stupid.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Dwight Schrute
"Do you want me to show you how to whammy without a whammy bar?"

does anybody know where to find that video with sound? because all the youtube ones are muted
friend (drummer) -What chord was that?
me -that was a powerchord... on the bottom string...
friend -and that would be?
me - *facepalm*
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
i hate at shows how the lead always had to say "hey how are you guys doing tonight!!" its ****ing lame imo
Quote by Strings?!

I quote myself.
Quote by rtfk101

but I really hate it (especially on forums or youtube comments) when someone says a certain band is this genre, and next thing you know there are 5 comments on it, and the people sound like they are ready to shoot someone because I called opeth melodic metal when they are in fact death metal. who really cares?

YESS

and those crazy douches who are all like

"dude lolz wut metallica is not metalz you need to be br00talz leik the mastadon and the pantera raa raa raa!"

go sacrifice a goat or something
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by Strings?!
i hate at shows how the lead always had to say "hey how are you guys doing tonight!!" its ****ing lame imo

They're just trying to pump the crowd up, I would much rather have the lead say lame things than have no stage presence.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
"I'm sick and tired of these bands like Carlos Santana looking at his shoes and thinking that's a rock concert." ~Gene Simmons
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by thankyougermany
"I'm sick and tired of these bands like Carlos Santana looking at his shoes and thinking that's a rock concert." ~Gene Simmons

+1
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
They're just trying to pump the crowd up, I would much rather have the lead say lame things than have no stage presence.

there are much better ways to pump up the crowd...
Quote by Strings?!

I quote myself.
When a guitarist you're trying to work with, plays a riff, then plays it again a different way....then again, a different way.
And says, "Have you got it?"

Of course I haven't got it you stupid prick, you play it different each time. Pisses me off.
Quote by MangoStarr

hey guys, I'm Axl Rose

he said musicians
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
me - *facepalm*

if he asked what chord you played, and you said " a power chord on the bottom string " he should be the one facepalming.
Quote by ieatu
When a guitarist you're trying to work with, plays a riff, then plays it again a different way....then again, a different way.
And says, "Have you got it?"

Of course I haven't got it you stupid prick, you play it different each time. Pisses me off.

Haha. This has happened to me many a time. I just left last time it happened.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by MangoStarr

hey guys, I'm Axl Rose

sorry but the thread is called "stupid things musicians say" not "stupid things stupid people say"

EDIT: DAM!!!
Quote by Strings?!

I quote myself.
Last edited by Strings?! at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by bobthebum16
I went to that same kids guitar lesson. His teacher has guitar hero out. He said "You should buy this game and play the songs you are trying to learn on the game. It helps."
How would it not? It singles out the guitar part and builds (or at least maintains) finger dexterity. Spending all the money to buy the game seems a bit far-fetched for the small benefits though.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
me - *facepalm*
Lawlz @ u. A drummer was actually asking a question that was over your head.
"Hey guys my friend Herman has an idea in the new band direction. We thought of it yesterday playing Nintendo 64."

-Sam Totman
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
me - *facepalm*

a powerchord, on one string? LOL WUT

Drummer smarter then you lawl.
Quote by rtfk101

Actually they're Progressive Death Metal.

Sorry, I'll go kill myself now.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by paranoideyes
if he asked what chord you played, and you said " a power chord on the bottom string " he should be the one facepalming.

Dammit I was gonna say that.

Personally, I've none that I can remember off the top of my head but if I can come up with one I will.

Oh, just remembered one my bassist told me:

Me: "Natural Harmonics are at the 5th, 7th, 9th, and 12th fret I'm certain of. I know there're probably more."
Bassist: "Dude, my fretless bass has natural harmonics all over the fretboard."
Quote by mmolteratx
Haha. This has happened to me many a time. I just left last time it happened.

Next time, I'll just do that lol. **** it.
Friend-Dude, we asked you to bring a bass
Me-*confused* what?
friend--what the hell is that? it has 5 strings!
me---*leaves*
"The MG sounds totatly slamming, the overdrive is crushing" -Zakk Wylde
Im all outa signature
Quote by bazman13
"The MG sounds totally slamming, the overdrive is crushing" -Zakk Wylde

You sir win.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

"Modern music sucks" - Bob Dylan

Not sure if I'd actually call him a musician though. A disemboweled car impersonator, maybe.

Edit: I just realized that I put "disemboweled car" instead of "disemboweled cat" which was what I had meant to write, but I'm leaving it because I think it's funny.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jun 30, 2009,
"So you're looking at a good practice amp for playing metal? Well we have Spider III's right over here..." Some salesman at best buy. Being the drummer of a sick local deathcore band you'd think he'd know better. Well he is a drummer I guess.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Not sure if I'd actually call him a musician though. A disemboweled car impersonator, maybe.

go die please.

i keed, but seriously, never trust someone who doesnt listen to bob dylan.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by alaskan_ninja

I'm not disagreeing with you about that being a stupid quote, but when did you say that?
Quote by JacobTheMe
I'm not disagreeing with you about that being a stupid quote, but when did you say that?
I assume you mean "when did he say that?"

It was in an interview with Rolling Stone or something, I think. Probably not verbatim, either, but he definitely said something to that effect, at which point I refused to ever listen to his "music" again.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja

I love Bob Dylan, but that made me laugh.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I assume you mean "when did he say that?"

It was in an interview with Rolling Stone or something, I think. Probably not verbatim, either, but he definitely said something to that effect, at which point I refused to ever listen to his "music" again.

Sorry, long day. I'm pretty out of it.

I don't blame you, that's pretty dickish of him.
He has said it several times, I've read Dylan say that in a Rolling Stone years ago and here's a slightly more recent article where he says the same thing;

http://www.hecklerspray.com/bob-dylan-modern-music-is-rubbish/20064551.php
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by paranoideyes

I'm glad i wasn't the only one that caught that. Fun stuff!
Page 1 of 3