Hey guys, I play a fender squier jazz bass, and I've decided I want another electric. I have a five hundred dollar max, and I am unable to pick a new one...Any suggestions on a what would be a good bass, preferably with a different tone than what I play? Also, NO UGLY BASSES. =)
Well you want rock, you don't want the tone you have, try a Precision bass. It's tone is different than that of a jazz. The Jazz and the Precision are two of the most popular basses for a reason.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
I'm torn. I had a fender squier p, but the tone sucked. Real nice vintage cream white bass. I also hate Ibanez, as my buddy bought one and it is the worst thing I've ever played. Right now I'm eyeing the epiphone thunderbird, but I'm not sure about the tone. Went to guitar center to play it, and some guy had like the only working bass amp for several hours, until I gave up and left. As for watchingmefall, I will choose to ignore your comment, as you clearly are a troll...and you're mexican.
Quote by ripjoestrummer
I'm torn. I had a fender squier p, but the tone sucked. Real nice vintage cream white bass. I also hate Ibanez, as my buddy bought one and it is the worst thing I've ever played. Right now I'm eyeing the epiphone thunderbird, but I'm not sure about the tone. Went to guitar center to play it, and some guy had like the only working bass amp for several hours, until I gave up and left. As for watchingmefall, I will choose to ignore your comment, as you clearly are a troll...and you're mexican.

LOL.

Get what you want to get.
I wouldn't suggest a T bird, and not many people on here will either.
Quote by ripjoestrummer

If you have to use the mexican argument it only shows your own ignorance , but you asked for help and gave the most bland and non-especific requirements.

It's like going to a car forum and saying... "I want a pretty car that runs on gas"
Hah, invader. You like ibanez, that much is clear. I've never been a fan of ibanez, and I 've never met someone who sold me on one. My bud with the crummy one defends it like it's his baby, and I still don't get why. I've played my fair share of ibanez, I just think they're awful looking, and that I get a whole lot more bang for my buck with fender. What's wrong with the thunderbird other than the neck dive?
Quote by watchingmefall
If you have to use the mexican argument it only shows your own ignorance , but you asked for help and gave the most bland and non-especific requirements.

It's like going to a car forum and saying... "I want a pretty car that runs on gas"

Haha. You're an angry one. Not surprising in any way that you choose to focus on the mexican joke which was there as nothing more than a joke, as 6string noticed. All I'm really asking is for some solid sub five hundred dollar basses, I'm not really looking for anything specific, I'd just like some names thrown out there. Vagueness was the purpose, so I don't miss any basses that I may have overlooked for any various reason. So sorry that you had to waste your five seconds with a thread that you have no interest in answering. Good thing you were able to troll to make you feel better. By the way, peeked at your profile. Nice hair Fabio, how many hours a day do you spend looking in the mirror telling yourself that you're a pretty girl? Lets see how long you focus on that!
Quote by ripjoestrummer
Haha. You're an angry one. Not surprising in any way that you choose to focus on the mexican joke which was there as nothing more than a joke, as 6string noticed. All I'm really asking is for some solid sub five hundred dollar basses, I'm not really looking for anything specific, I'd just like some names thrown out there. Vagueness was the purpose, so I don't miss any basses that I may have overlooked for any various reason. So sorry that you had to waste your five seconds with a thread that you have no interest in answering. Good thing you were able to troll to make you feel better. By the way, peeked at your profile. Nice hair Fabio, how many hours a day do you spend looking in the mirror telling yourself that you're a pretty girl? Lets see how long you focus on that!

Hey kid, I just wanted to help you and pointed out the fact you were and are vague, I'll stop posting and just report you.

*REPORTED*
If I had to recommend as bass I would say save up for another one hundred dollars and get a MIM Fender Jazz Standard. Trying playing it and I guarantee you'll fall in love. It's very versatile, will impress any bass player because Fender Jazzes are amazing and loved, and has a skinny neck allowing you to play some faster lines.
Quote by ripjoestrummer

I think someone needs to read the rules

Rule #2: Respect. Have it.

Respect your fellow bass forum members. Yes, the bass forum members are a fun and sometimes impertinent bunch (particularly the regulars). If a regular knocks or pokes fun at a regular (such as the running joke about Fitz’s status as a deity or the several bass pirates who insist on calling me a wench / vixen on a regular basis) the warnings will not ensue, because no harm has been intended.

However, thou shalt respect your fellow bass player and his/her particular opinions on players, gear and other assorted bass like things. Don’t call them an idiot or question their particular sexual orientation. Don’t make racist remarks because they like a certain distortion pedal. You will be warned or banned.

And as in the rest of UG, racist, sexist and other types of inflammatory comments won't be tolerated, and you will be warned and most likely, banned.

you've been warned and you're damn lucky I haven't banned you.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.