And the ones I'm looking at are the Line 6 Spider III and the Peavey Vypyr at the price of 89.99 and 99.99 respectively.

Which should I buy? Do any of these amps come with a cable that connects to the guitar?

Thanks in advance.
amps dont usually come with a cable to connect to your guitar. Unless there's some cool dudes working at your local guitar shop and you buy an expensive amp or something then they might throw one in for ya.

Everyone will tell you to get the Vypyr. I owned a spider II a few years ago and absolutely hated it 2 weeks later. Spider III's are generally seen as WORSE than the II's so that should tell you something.

The vypyr generally gets pretty good reviews around here considering the price, features, and tone it has.
peavey vypyr>>>>>>>line 6 spider 3
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
dont get a line 6 spider or i will personally come to your house and beat you with it

I havent used a vyper but i guarantee its better
My Gear:

Ibanez Jem
Peavey JSX Head
Soldano 4x12 (white snakeskin)
Okay I'm getting a Peavey now. Why? Because I remember every day when I was 5 years old (now i'm 17) I walked into every pawn shop and I always saw Peavey everywhere. I was like "What the **** does it say"

Peavey and Crate were the main brand names in pawnshops around my house.

Oh I almost forgot, I have a cheap guitar (probably a 100 dollar guitar). If I buy this cable
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-Advantage-Series-1-4--Straight-Instrument-Cable-100029990-i1128384.gc

Will it sound good with the new amp I buy (Yes the Vypyr, just because they use the "Ys" like the Byrds and Lynyrd Skynyrd)??

Thanks again.
most peaveys and crates you see in pawnshops are those crappy practice amps. rarely do you see a good amp in a pawn shop.

about the cables, i use those particular cables. very durable. but the cables have nothing to do with tone.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
most peaveys and crates you see in pawnshops are those crappy practice amps. rarely do you see a good amp in a pawn shop.

about the cables, i use those particular cables. very durable. but the cables have nothing to do with tone.

I always see a lot of Marshall TSL/DSLs..
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7

haha I saw a JCM900 head for $600 yesterday at a pawn shop.... If I hadn't had my heart set on a Rebel 20 I would have bought it.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

really? where are you from?

all teh pawnshops i go too usually have and unlimited supply of peavey bandits

but rarely do they have good amps
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by josh.

well what i meant was it doesn affect your tone TOO much like an amp would, or pickups etc..

sure cheap crappy chords will be microphonic and crap out on you within a few days but what i'm saying is i think it's virtually impossible to hear the difference between the many decent quality $20-$40 chords. unless you're Eric Johnson of course
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
well what i meant was it doesn affect your tone TOO much like an amp would, or pickups etc..

sure cheap crappy chords will be microphonic and crap out on you within a few days but what i'm saying is i think it's virtually impossible to hear the difference between the many decent quality $20-$40 chords. unless you're Eric Johnson of course

that and you get exactly the same effect by adjusting the eq.
I wouldn't get either of those amps. The Line 6 is well, you know... And, the Vypyr sucks ass too. If you want a decent modeller look into a Vox VT15 or a used Line 6 Flextone.
I only have 100 bucks for amp.

And I have a crappy guitar. Will it sound okay? My friend has a Fender GDEC and it sounds okay.
now I don't want you to be all "Hey buy a roland cube because I have one"

I want you to tell me which is better quality and performance wise the Cube or the Vypyr?
Most people don't have a Vypyr, a Cube, a Spider, and a Valvetronic. Some may have tried them in the store but that usually isn't enough to really get the feel of the amp.

I have a Vypyr 15. The cleans are very nice and punchy, and the metal tones get good reviews, but the classic rock crunch is grainy. The wide variety of amp models and FX, plus separate control over reverb and delay from FX make it a good buy for the money. I have no reservations recommending it for a practice amp.
Vypyr for sure
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by SpikeDemon
well?
There is no need to bump your thread after only 20 minutes.

Quote by SpikeDemon
now I don't want you to be all "Hey buy a roland cube because I have one"

I want you to tell me which is better quality and performance wise the Cube or the Vypyr?
That's a damn fine question. The Roland Cube is a better amp. That is certainly not to say you will be disappointed with the Vypyr, though.
Peavey essentially noticed the huge demand for Spider/Cube-like amps and brought out their own variation, which happened to be quite decent. It took them quite a while to perfect it, but it's pretty much top of the line now for practise amps with a strict budget. It doesn't have the fizzy high-gain of the Spider III's and the Marshall MG's and it feels relatively natural when played clean. The on-board effects are not as good as a Spider II or a Vox AD/VT, but they are very passable.
The Vox is most suited for Classic rock to heavy rock, while the Cube is more apt for metal as it's tones are a little more compressed and a little less muddy.

Quote by fly135
Most people don't have a Vypyr, a Cube, a Spider, and a Valvetronic. Some may have tried them in the store but that usually isn't enough to really get the feel of the amp.

I have a Vypyr 15. The cleans are very nice and punchy, and the metal tones get good reviews, but the classic rock crunch is grainy. The wide variety of amp models and FX, plus separate control over reverb and delay from FX make it a good buy for the money. I have no reservations recommending it for a practice amp.
Indeed. Most people just say those amps because everyone else does, yet they have never really tried them.

I have never owned a Vypyr, but I owned a Roland Cube 30, a Vox AD30VT and a Spider II before, and they were all good amps. You can pick up a Vox AD15VT second-hand now for £100:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vox-AD15VT-Valvetronix-Guitar-Combo-Amp_W0QQitemZ200358074331QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea64597db&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Roland:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLAND-Cube-30-Guitar-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ270417726472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef6270c08&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Quote by greggybhoy
I wouldn't get either of those amps. The Line 6 is well, you know... And, the Vypyr sucks ass too. If you want a decent modeller look into a Vox VT15 or a used Line 6 Flextone.

Bam! I agree. The newer Vox VT series are great modeller amps.

TS, you can always try the used market. Or you should always try the used market. You can get a decent sized ADVT series amp for $100 although I recommend the newer ones.