I'm guessing there's not many people in the pit who longboard.
For those who do, discuss here.

This is my longboard, I had it custom made for christmas of 08, it got stolen out of my friends car at a rave 3 months ago, and I got it back right before the end of school.
Hell yeah
It's party time!
I have a Kryptonics longboard that my parents got me in 7 years ago and I still have it. Now that I can drive I don't use it much anymore, but it got me around town quite a bit when I was younger. Longboarding surfing is more fun.
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.

Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮

What's that kanji mean? I doubt it's "longboard" even though that'd be awesome.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hand Solo... got it?

Hand... Solo!

*makes fapping movement*

aww forget it.
Quote by narcoticsfairy
What's that kanji mean? I doubt it's "longboard" even though that'd be awesome.

It means war.
It's party time!
I rock a Sector 9! Thinking about getting a Loaded Dervish for some crazy carving stuff.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Jun 30, 2009,
i longboard on all my friends but ive yet to get the money to buy my own yet. its such a great feeling
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
I love longboarding. I've got a Sector 9 Goddess board myself and there are tons of great hills fairly close to my home.

Quote by soul_power
I rock a Sector 9! Thinking about getting a Loaded Dervish for some crazy carving stuff.

That's what I plan on getting in the near future. Loaded makes awesome longboard stuff.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Jun 30, 2009,
eh, i used to be heavy into longboarding, but then i started playing guitar more and getting involved in other things. I still have mine but it just seems to be collecting dust.

although when i go to college in august, as a freshman i can't have a car, so i'm going to be using my longboard for the next year to go places. so that'll be somewhat fun
nice board.

I have a ****ty Moose board, but I just bought Gullwing Chargers and am getting Abec 11 wheels.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I ride a sector 9 pine tail, with gullwing chargers your board looks pretty dope.
Do you cross step and what not or just bomb hills?
Quote by Survivalism
Someone, somewhere, was raped today. Someone else was murdered.

Are we sill playing this "worst day ever" game?
A friend of mine had one of those, was crazy amounts of fun. I don't do it anymore though.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by skaterskagg1
I love longboarding. I've got a Sector 9 Goddess board myself and there are tons of great hills fairly close to my home.

That's what I plan on getting in the near future. Loaded makes awesome longboard stuff.

I actually went a different route. I was looking into the Dervish and then I found BC. The Eel as a similar design, dropthrough trucks, symmetrical deck, bamboo and fiberglass construction BUT they do custom graphics for free. I'm having BC set mine up with Bones Reds, Retro ZigZags, and Randal R II's and I'm paying $215 shipped. Might be worth a look, a lot of the guys on the silverfish forums swear by BC. I'll let you know how it rides when it comes in. Might wanna check em out though http://www.bclongboards.com/boards.php
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i got a loaded dervish with orangutan inheats
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
I got myself a neversummer. I love the mother****er. I need to get out and skate again, but its too damn hot here.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by lzcougarz3
*Looks at thread title*
*Looks at username*

Yep.

I did the same thing
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Quote by Dox
I ride a sector 9 pine tail, with gullwing chargers your board looks pretty dope.
Do you cross step and what not or just bomb hills?

Bombing hills is my favorite, every once in a while I like to risk my life and weave through traffic.

Quote by soul_power
I actually went a different route. I was looking into the Dervish and then I found BC. The Eel as a similar design, dropthrough trucks, symmetrical deck, bamboo and fiberglass construction BUT they do custom graphics for free. I'm having BC set mine up with Bones Reds, Retro ZigZags, and Randal R II's and I'm paying $215 shipped. Might be worth a look, a lot of the guys on the silverfish forums swear by BC. I'll let you know how it rides when it comes in. Might wanna check em out though http://www.bclongboards.com/boards.php

I disagree, BC boards are good for the price but the BEST company I know of would be landyacht, you have to try one.
It's party time!
http://www.neversummer.com/skate/norad.html

This is my baby. I've got an old sector nine and an unknown brand four footer without wheels (our local skate shop burned down the DAY before I was gonna pickup the ones I'd ordered. poor guy)
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Alright, so I'm thinking about getting into longboarding. I've always been interested in skateboarding but never really pursued it. I'm really just looking to use a longboard for transportation to class and cruising around the city.

Since I have no experience really with skateboarding I'm probably going to go with a complete. I'm trying to stay in the 100-200 price range.

What do you guys recommend. I'm not sure about size, shape, or anything really. So any and all advice about what to purchase or just about longboarding in general are greatly appreciated.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Quote by cpt jaredkent
Alright, so I'm thinking about getting into longboarding. I've always been interested in skateboarding but never really pursued it. I'm really just looking to use a longboard for transportation to class and cruising around the city.

Since I have no experience really with skateboarding I'm probably going to go with a complete. I'm trying to stay in the 100-200 price range.

What do you guys recommend. I'm not sure about size, shape, or anything really. So any and all advice about what to purchase or just about longboarding in general are greatly appreciated.

Well there is alot of options. Are yo only gonna be cruising around the city?
Are you gonna want to bomb some hills? Will you have to weave through traffic and pedestrians? You should figure this out so I can give you an educated answer.
It's party time!
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
Well there is alot of options. Are yo only gonna be cruising around the city?
Are you gonna want to bomb some hills? Will you have to weave through traffic and pedestrians? You should figure this out so I can give you an educated answer.

I probably wont be bombing hills, but you never know. Weaving through traffic and pedestrians wont be a huge problem for my commute but may be when I'm just cruising around.

I'm not sure what shape, style, or size i'm looking for.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
I'm guessing there's not many people in the pit who longboard.
For those who do, discuss here.

This is my longboard, I had it custom made for christmas of 08, it got stolen out of my friends car at a rave 3 months ago, and I got it back right before the end of school.
Hell yeah

How long does it take you to sign in?

Anyways funky board, I was thinking about getting one as I have two skateboards, but I'm more of a scooter man myself...

I love them, don't diss
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by cpt jaredkent
I probably wont be bombing hills, but you never know. Weaving through traffic and pedestrians wont be a huge problem for my commute but may be when I'm just cruising around.

I'm not sure what shape, style, or size i'm looking for.

I would go for a drop carve deck. Landyachtz makes a few really nice ones.
It's party time!
I'm thinking about going with an Original board, maybe the apex 37 not really sure though.

btw, looks like there just aren't enough longboarders in the pit to keep this thread alive long enough to blossom.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I <3 my sector 9 carbon tr3. That's pretty much how I get around even if it's a little wet out.

hmmm i have a loaded dancer but i havent done too much with it recently. i used to dance around campus alot but campus police started stalking me around everywhere and now i cant do my normal runs without getting harassed. kinda sad but i still bring it out to alleyways or closed of areas to just practice nose manuals and shovits. we have a longboard club on campus too so its pretty awsome.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6