Poll: Were you allowed to try alcohol as a child?
Poll Options
View poll results: Were you allowed to try alcohol as a child?
Yes
90 81%
No
13 12%
I bought my own damn alcohol.
8 7%
Voters: 111.
Page 1 of 2
my parents never drank that often but when they did, they would give me a sip of their drink if i asked for it. they never gave me more than a sip, but i dont remember ever wanting more than that as it always tasted terrible.

looking back, my dad did drink coors so i was probably right...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
hell no. I'd get whooped. hard.

to this day i don't drink though, even though i'm of legal age. i just don't like the taste.
Yeah, I have had wine at Christmas, Easter and family get togethers since I was about eight. I have beer every now and then as well, courtesy of my parents (usually no more than one or maybe two).

Also, when I was a kid, my dad's friend made his own alcohol. He kept moonshine in 7-Up bottles, and rum in Coke bottles. Guess who got into it...

That was horrible.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 30, 2009,
Yes. When I was like 10 they would ask me if I would go get them a beer and then they would let me have a drink of it. My dad also gave me my first (and only) shot of whiskey. Yeah they weren't too good of parents sometimes, but the finally sobered up. Thank God.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Always a sip but never really much more.

Aunts uncles and cousins on the other hand....
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Not until maybe last year. My dad gave me a sip of beer, and it was gross anyway. I also tried a sip of whiskey from my friend and that was disgusting too.

Needless to say, I don't drink.
i had beer when i was small and when i get my mom some wine i take a sip every now and them
Quote by Amy_Lee

That made me laugh and then choke on my own phlegm.

Check my shit out
My mom always offers a bit of her margaritas or whatever, but they taste like Sasquatch's dick, so I stay away from it. Alcohol is nasty.

Weed FTW!
yeap.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

yes, so ive been drinkin since i was 13...Id call myself an alcoholic, but i dont plan on quitting...a 17 year old drunk o.O weird saying that out loud
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
My mother started getting me package store runs when I turned 18, plus it was in moderation (when she was home).
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
My parents probably prefer me when I'm drunk.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Yeah, I think it's pretty common.

I remember my dad giving me sips of his beer. I HATED the taste, but I think it's actually a good parenting technique so that underage kids grow up already disliking the taste of beer.

Of course, often when kids become teenagers they start drinking anyways though...

EDIT: If we're talking drinking around parents after we hit 14 or 15 years old, hell no. I had an attack of pancreatitis at around 17, which pretty much means no more alcohol at all for me ever.

Before the pancreatitis, they would've kicked my ass if they saw/heard about me drinking. Nowadays (I'm almost 19 now), my dad says its okay to have half a beer or 1 beer at a party with my friends, but I still don't since all the doctors I've talked to recommend me to stay away from alcohol permanently.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Jun 30, 2009,
I'm 15, and I just finished my bottle of Jack Daniel's my dad bought me...

DirtyEdit: Coors tastes like water...
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jun 30, 2009,
Only sips, but that's ok. You aren't supposed to drink when you're 7 years old. <.<
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
yeah, every once in a while. i was mostly curious because of all the adults fussing over it despite its intriguingly repulsive taste.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I had my first sip of alcohol when I was about nine; it was champagne from my mom's glass, and I thought it was disgusting.

Nowadays, I get wine from my parents every once in a while, since we're Jewish and most Jewish holidays call for the drinking of copious amounts of Manischewitz.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
^What kind of religious were your parents? None of the mainstream religions that I know of forbid alcohol consumption.
I had champagne with orange juice on Christmas day. That was surprising because my mom never lets me have alcohol. Although when I go to parties I smell of booze so I just say I had one beer even though I have quite a bit more.
Quote by somebody_123
^What kind of religious were your parents? None of the mainstream religions that I know of forbid alcohol consumption.

Look where I'm from. Put two and two together.
did anyone else's parents give them alchohol to put them to sleep as a child? i know alot put some on the pacifir but my mom actually mixed a little rum into my formula
Yes I sipped my moms Kahlua and beer when I was younger. Nasty Michelob Ultra though. I've told her tons of times to stop drinking pisswater and get some Stella Artois or something with a decent taste. Now I get buddies to get me booze but I did get drunk on my moms birthday with her. I've even let her sip my Captain before
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Dad let me have a sip when I was young and mum let me have a glass of champagne, but other than that, they didn't want me drinking anything... then I got smashed off my face with my friend and they found out. They were really cool about it, though. No yelling, stern voices or anything, just 'lecturing'.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by DempseyPunk
yes, so ive been drinkin since i was 13...Id call myself an alcoholic, but i dont plan on quitting...a 17 year old drunk o.O weird saying that out loud

Get help please.
Yeah, my dad offered me some of his wine occasionally, but I actaully remember declining his offer.
I don't know why though.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by DempseyPunk

You say that like you think it's cool or something.
Page 1 of 2