Page 1 of 7
the only thing that I can think of that rivals it possibly could be Fear
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
F.E.A.R is pussy shit compared to playing dead space on the hardest difficulty, at midnight, with all the lights off, which i do at least once per week. i have absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is the scariest video game ever. i've gone through the game hundreds of times now, and i still get tense and uneasy. the atmosphere is unparalleled. yes it is the scariest ever.

the only game i can think of thats on par with it would be SH2, or Doom 3. nothing else is as scary.
Phantasmagoria.

I like that game.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Twist of fate
I pissed my pants while playing Doom 3

this...
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I get a little tense playing Oblivion, when you're in dungeons and stuff.

I'm really not a pussy, i'm just stoned.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Whatever happened to the gaming thread? Seems like more and more of these threads are popping up each day.

...and I found Resident Evil 4 to be scary, especially those "regenerator" things....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Doom 3 made me sh!t brix.

In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
OK ill admit resident evil is scary but for one reason those god awfull contolls, something would be eating you and you couldnt begin to get away very frustrating

And I agree gaming thread needs to return
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Resident Evil for Gamecube. Not so much the atmosphere, just that you had so little ammo, so little health, ****ty camera angles and THE DOGS THAT SPRING OUT OF NOWHERE and cause me to throw my controller across the room while screaming like a girl.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
F.E.A.R is pussy shit compared to playing dead space on the hardest difficulty, at midnight, with all the lights off, which i do at least once per week. i have absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is the scariest video game ever. i've gone through the game hundreds of times now, and i still get tense and uneasy. the atmosphere is unparalleled. yes it is the scariest ever.

the only game i can think of thats on par with it would be SH2, or Doom 3. nothing else is as scary.

...and you turn around and you see A GIANT ****ING NECROMORPH STANDING BEHIND YOU READY TO CLAW YOU TO BITS!

yeah, those occurrences made me soil myself
FEAR creeped me out more... and some parts of Condemned 2
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by WyldeMan666
OK ill admit resident evil is scary but for one reason those god awfull contolls, something would be eating you and you couldnt begin to get away very frustrating

And I agree gaming thread needs to return

+1. the only RE's that i like are 4 and 5. the others ones aren't scary, they're just frustrating. when you start getting mad at the game you aren't scared anymore. dead space however scares the hell out of you the whole time you are playing. the only safe place are those tram stations... and even then, a few would jump out on the path to the tram station that game ****s with your head so much. I think the chapter with the USM Valor and those crazy-fast twitchy sons of bitches is the scariest level i've played in a game since The Cradle in Thief.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jun 30, 2009,
silent hill. i have never completed one of those games lol wayyy too creepy
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Get stoned and then play these games, once in the scariest setting possible (lights off, midnight, yadayada), then do it again in them middle of the day with light and all that. See how different it makes it. First time, you're so freaked you **** yourself. Second time, you're laughing at all the little floaty alien bits. Its amazingly fun
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
you know what? now that I think about it, Castlevania 64 was pretty freaky, too. if they were to remake it with better grafics, it would definately be a game to make me wet myself
SilentHill was about the same as RE with the controls though, but it looked creepy
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Jun 30, 2009,
Silent Hill series and Doom 3.

Old school resident evil was pretty cool too, until Resident evil 4 came out, which ruined the entire horror part of it... and ended up being another shooter game.
Even though it's a PC game, I'm going to say S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl.
The whole atmosphere in that game is extremely dreary, dark, and hopeless. That, combined with the fact that the mutants and **** are creepy as **** makes it really scary.
"I love the piece of mind knowing that I don't have to worry about being shot in Canada."

No, you just have to worry about people cutting your head off while you're riding on a greyhound bus.
There is no such thing as a scary game.

...Except Aliens Vs. Predator 2
I like listening to Carcass while I rape and pillage.

well thats nice but im not homosexualy
Its just im a little dissapointed now after playing Dead Space cause no other game ive played compares anymore
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Quote by Just Andrew
Whatever happened to the gaming thread? Seems like more and more of these threads are popping up each day.

...and I found Resident Evil 4 to be scary, especially those "regenerator" things....

Yeah man, those things scared the fuck out of me. But the scariest game I ever played was probably F.E.A.R. 2, but the demo for that game was way more scary than the actual game.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yeah man, those things scared the fuck out of me. But the scariest game I ever played was probably F.E.A.R. 2, but the demo for that game was way more scary than the actual game.

F.E.A.R 2 definitely had its moments. for me its probably 10 maybe 20x scarier than the first one. that ****ing level where you have to walk through all those opened cells with those crazy mutated things... shivers. or the school level.... fml.

i think F2 probably had the most nerve wracking/scary moment i've ever encountered in a game. where you're walking through the school and its absolutely pitch black except for that one bulb that flashes on every so often, and your flashlight doesn't work, and all around are those horrible ghost things, and alma keeps popping up. that was the scariest moment in any video game ever. F2 is probably in the top 5 scariest games ever. it was great.
Quote by Twist of fate
I pissed my pants while playing Doom 3

i wasnt scared that bad but ****ing close to it. ive never played a game as scary as doom 3
I didn't find it THAT scary.

I use to be a really puss and would get scared playing certain video games. I dunno why, but these days I don't really find any games that scary. I might get a bit tense, but nothing too much. I played Silent Hill Homecoming at night in the dark, I've played FEAR and FEAR 2, Doom 3 and I recently bought Siren Blood Curse and I don't find it scary at all.

The only game that actually scared me in the last while was Condemned and Condemned 2. I have the second one and I would probably not be able to go play it with the lights out.l
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
F.E.A.R 2 definitely had its moments. for me its probably 10 maybe 20x scarier than the first one. that ****ing level where you have to walk through all those opened cells with those crazy mutated things... shivers. or the school level.... fml.

i think F2 probably had the most nerve wracking/scary moment i've ever encountered in a game. where you're walking through the school and its absolutely pitch black except for that one bulb that flashes on every so often, and your flashlight doesn't work, and all around are those horrible ghost things, and alma keeps popping up. that was the scariest moment in any video game ever. F2 is probably in the top 5 scariest games ever. it was great.

Yeah the school was scary but, once again, the demo of the school was scarier. Fu ck those ghosts, btw. I hate those guys.
Quote by Just Andrew

*shudders* Urgh Regenerators
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yeah the school was scary but, once again, the demo of the school was scarier. Fu ck those ghosts, btw. I hate those guys.

i never played the demo. what made it scarier? why the hell would they tone down the scariness in the final version?
My top 5
Dead Space
Fear 2
The Suffering
The Condemded
Fear

Honorable Mention:L4D, Killing Floor
Life's A Garden Digg It
-Joe Dirt
Last edited by WyldeMan666 at Jun 30, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i never played the demo. what made it scarier? why the hell would they tone down the scariness in the final version?

They took all the scariest parts of the game and shoved them all into the demo. And they took out the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life.

So I was walking down the walkway in a basement and I'm thinking to myself "I haven't turned around in a while I hope there isn't anything scary behind me." To my great dismay Alma was standing right there and I threw my controller to the ground and screamed like a little girl. Damn I loved that demo.
you know what they need? more games with freaky little kids with empty eye sockets that appear randomly and just look at you.

only, sometimes, if you see them and look away, they kill you, and there's nothing you can do about ity
you have to back away slowly