Maybe I will buy a ibanez but.. still need your opinion.
Im searching for the best Metal/Heavy Metal and crazy solo guitar from 0 Euro to 1600 Euro.
some people said fender telecaster it's nice for metal..
what do you think?
any guitar in mind?
All suggestions are welcome!
thank you.
Quote by DIFTWOOD
you can get a really nice air guitar for 0 euro

that didn't help.
but thank you anyway ...
What bands do you like? What kind of music do you play? What amp? what previous gear?
seriously werent you expecting someone to say that? putting 0 euro up like that. and fenders teles are mostly for country. but if u like telecasters for metal look a the J5 telecasters or the jim root tele.
look at some ESPs. the necks (at least on mine) are pretty thick though. if you are gonna do some "crazy soloing" then i dunno if this is what you want. Most ibanez guitars have pretty thin necks. I also like the feel of jackson necks but thats me tho, i dunno bout you.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Quote by Darkkon
Just get an Ibanez. You'll like it.

**** advice, honestly.

I don't want this guy to make a snap decision and regret it down the line.
Quote by manhangi
What bands do you like? What kind of music do you play? What amp? what previous gear?

What bands do you like? - Metallica , Dream thearter, System of a Down, Iron Maiden, around this bands
What kind of music do you play? - some musics from metallica and deam theater, i play metal/heavy metal, and sometimes i dont play the music but only the solo :P
What amp? what previous gear? - that was a very cheap pack for beginners, Start Squier Fender with amp guitar etc.
ibanez is probably your best bet but ESP and Jackson are also nice.
Standard Telecasters can do metal but i wouldnt say they are metal guitars. they are more suited to rock and country. your probably gonna want a guitar with humbucking pickups for sure....umm but ya you should think of a few u would like and go and try them...hope i helped

oh if you just have a crappy starter amp then you should focus on getting a good amp rather than a good guitar.
Last edited by herrotim at Jun 30, 2009,
I'm not familiar with the bands and good gear to compliment your interests, sorry.

I'd get a mid-range guitar and a tube amp (like 400 and 600-700 respectively?) but you're gonna have to get gear suggestions from someone else.
Quote by manhangi
I'm not familiar with the bands and good gear to compliment your interests, sorry.

I'd get a mid-range guitar and a tube amp (like 400 and 600-700 respectively?) but you're gonna have to get gear suggestions from someone else.

ok, thanks
Jacksons in the same price range are good too! I personally like em better than Ibanez, but I seem to be the minority.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by manhangi

i think i can help you out.
manhangi is right about his suggestions though you should prob spend about those prices on the gear

okay.

Metallica uses ESP guitars
Im pretty sure daron malakian from SOAD uses an ibanez
and i dont know much about dream theater but im pretty sure they use ibanez guitars

i say...
Ibanez RG3ex1 and a blackstar ht-5 amp
or a Peavey 6505 if you are planning on gigging
ill help too
a tube half stack i think is a too large leap
rg2550z with line 6 spider valve 112
Quote by p3dr011
What bands do you like? - Metallica , Dream thearter, System of a Down, Iron Maiden, around this bands
What kind of music do you play? - some musics from metallica and deam theater, i play metal/heavy metal, and sometimes i dont play the music but only the solo :P
What amp? what previous gear? - that was a very cheap pack for beginners, Start Squier Fender with amp guitar etc.

I would lower the budget for the guitar, and get a new amp as well. Check out the Schecter Hellraiser and Blackjack models. They're great and come in a variety of options to choose from. If you get one of those, you can probably afford to get a new amp too.
WOrk out how much you're going to spend on the guitar then go to your nearest decent sized store and try out everything in your price range. See what feels right to you. If you're still not sure but have narrowed it down to a couple of options then come back and ask which of them people would recommend - but try a bunch out first to see what suits you.
id recommend an esp or jackson, i love the necks, my esp is great for shreddin, and its in ur range
my friend has a jackson, really comfortable, but i still prefer esp
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I Bought a Les Paul for 2000 Euro and im very happy with that guitar
Standard Ebony les paul 2008, black
with really nice sound
and i bought a new amp, marshal for 360 euro, very big with very nice sound
thank you for giving your opinion
Quote by p3dr011
Standard Ebony les paul 2008, black
with really nice sound
and i bought a new amp, marshal for 360 euro, very big with very nice sound
thank you for giving your opinion

It wasn't a marshall MG was it?
Quote by p3dr011

Im searching for the best Metal/Heavy Metal and crazy solo guitar from 0 Euro to 1600

Quote by p3dr011

i mean you can play metal on a les paul but still....
I do fear that he has bought a MG...